For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#922037 by catsilversword
29 May 2016, 18:48
Hi,

Thinking of going to Florida. Have been before, but this time it's likely to be the first half of November. This is probably going to sound silly, but haven't been at that time of year before. Am guessing several of you have done, so am wondering how warm or otherwise it is in November???
#922040 by mikethe3rd
29 May 2016, 19:15
Between 25 and 30 degrees, clear skies with minimal storms and rainfall. You might get the odd chilly morning or evening but you should be fine with the first half of Novemver. A very nice time of year to visit.

Are you visiting the mouse or going further afield?
#922043 by Sunseeker
29 May 2016, 19:48
I agree with the above chill in the morning and evenings but I do remember go for breakfast one morning in shorts and t shirt and the sever saying it was cold and she turned her heater on in the car for the first time that winter
#922044 by hiljil
29 May 2016, 19:52
I have been in Orlando the second & third weeks of November . We had ice on the car windscreen a couple of mornings and put the heat not air con on in the villa as the first few days it was 5 degrees . I know this is unusual but do take something warm just in case !!!!
Last edited by hiljil on 29 May 2016, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
#922045 by catsilversword
29 May 2016, 20:05
Thank you everyone!

Not visiting The Mouse Mike - been there a few times, so not on the list at all! We're flying eith BA (traitors!) into Tampa, and will be looking to stay on the Gulf Coast, we do like that area. Better start looking for a house rental now....
#922046 by hazban
29 May 2016, 20:18
When I was a working guy we used to visit Florida at this time every year. Generally a great time but bear in mind the Thanksgiving holidays, great sales but can be busy with vacationers.
Weather generally decent, certainly better than the UK, and the end of the "hurricane season". Now let me check my calendar!
#922064 by Traveller2
30 May 2016, 09:34
We've been to the Gulf Coast a few times in November and it can be very cold indeed at that time of year!

We had two years of lovely hot weather, followed by a year when it was so cold we had to go and buy fleeces as the jackets we wore over we not warm enough. It was their coldest November in 54 years!! The sun shone but the wind was biting and it was impossible to swim as it was too cold when we got out of the pool! The next time we went it was chilly and overcast for most of our visit and we only saw the sun on 6 out of 13 days and last November, it was scorching for the entire 10 days we were there and we experienced their hottest November in 86 years!!!! So, just make sure you have clothes for every eventuality and you will be fine!!
#922068 by catsilversword
30 May 2016, 10:31
We won't be there for Thanksgiving, but I'm well aware that doesn't mean events won't be happening before then!

As for fleeces - the weird thing is that, even if I know somewhere will be hot and humid, I still can never avoid taking something warm. 'Just in case'...
#922086 by SNOMO
30 May 2016, 15:46
Like Hiljill we did first two weeks November a few years ago and it was too cold to swim & we had to buy a couple of warm jackets for the evenings - didn't stop us enjoying ourselves though.
#922090 by mikethe3rd
30 May 2016, 17:11
catsilversword wrote:Thank you everyone!

Not visiting The Mouse Mike - been there a few times, so not on the list at all! We're flying eith BA (traitors!) into Tampa, and will be looking to stay on the Gulf Coast, we do like that area. Better start looking for a house rental now....

I only ask as it will be marginally cooler on the gulf. We visited Orlando / Cape Coral around this time and it was noticeablly cooler in the mornings and nights on the coast compared to Orlando. Beautiful during the daytime though.
#922319 by catsilversword
03 Jun 2016, 11:53
Does anyone know if the 589 road out of Tampa is now also cashless? I think I might know the answer to this.... have to say, it's becoming a real bugbear. I'm happy to pay tolls, but not happy to pay a rental company a daily charge when I'll only use the road a couple of times...
Virgin Atlantic