For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#922320 by catsilversword
03 Jun 2016, 12:24
It's a little outfit called la compagnie, only flies between Luton/Paris/Newark, business class. Got some pretty tempting fares, but I've never heard of them!

Anyone know????
#922323 by JCBR
03 Jun 2016, 13:07
The major disadvantage is that , with only two planes, if something goes wrong there is no back up.
This is a bit of a Bermuda triangle of routes as many have tried to run this (and as a business only product) but not lasted that long.
#922325 by catsilversword
03 Jun 2016, 13:35
Thanks. I know what you mean oldboy, a few years back, we used something like Silver Jet (I can't even remember their name now). Prices were good and the flights were fine - it also flew from Stansted which was a bonus for us - but it did go out of business a couple of weeks after we got back. As so many of them do.
#922328 by tontybear
03 Jun 2016, 13:59
Penny_L wrote:http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/la-compagnie/

That website is not a reliable measure of airline quality.

From review on other websites I've seen the service is more between PE and Business Class than a full business class experience but that looks to be reflected in the price.

Only having a couple of planes could be an issue but even large airlines like VS and BA sometimes have major issues with a plane and it take a day to send a rescue flight out.

Remember VS only started out with a couple of planes!
Virgin Atlantic