For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#922631 by tontybear
10 Jun 2016, 16:12
I saw this on Flyer talk Australian Business Traveller and thought it might affect some of you here.

Basically this means that if you are on a single ticket for One World* airlines then they will tag your bags through to your final destination.

But if you are on separate tickets they no longer will unless the airline makes an exception. Note this is the starting airline that decides whether to interline or not.

Note that I have read that BA and QR do not interline at all even on single tickets but haven't seen a firm answer on flyer talk just some anecdotes saying they do and they don't!

There has also been some confusion here recently about VS and BA interlining.

If it is on one ticket then BA and VS do interline (and vice versa) but on separate tickets they won't so people need to be aware of that when booking separate flights.

Also on separate tickers baggage allowances may not be the same.

*One World is the allinace that BA / AA / JAL / QR / Finnair are members of.
#922687 by SNOMO
12 Jun 2016, 10:52
We knew there was something in the pipeline as we fell foul of this back in February even tho it apparently does not come into action till now - We fly BA to Montreal then AC to a Canadian military airport every February - never been a problem with luggage etc. We do WT out and CW return each time and because of the Mixed Cabin Journey we are allowed CW luggage allowance each way. In February AC charged us for the extra bag we take on the way to our internal flight & would not be moved, gave us a receipt and said we must reclaim from BA. I am now in a tussle with BA - its not the money its the principal - getting nowhere with them so now handed it over to the new Retail Ombudsman & booked with AC (who we really didn't want to fly with from previous experiences) for next year.
If only VS flew to Montreal ;-(