For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#923791 by mitchja
11 Jul 2016, 13:37
Might be useful for some. Just seen this via Twitter.

Link

You can claim £10 cashback if you spend either £400 as a walk-up customer or £500 as a click & collect customer between July 7th and September 30th 2016 at any of the Manchester Airport, Eurotunnel UK and Glasgow Airport Travelex stores.

Once the purchase is made, you wait 24 hours and then claim your £10 cash back online by filling in the form and upload your receipt(s).
#923816 by Hev60
11 Jul 2016, 20:57
I have had two emails today relating to travel money. One from Sainsburys Bank and the other from M&S Bank. Both offering 'special' deals. Perhaps they are getting desperate ;-)

A friend of mine works at Lloyds bank and she said the travel currency market has almost dried up over recent weeks since the dramatic fall in the rate of the dollar & euro.

After reading mitchja's email this morning I checked the rates where I normally buy from in London and they were better than Travelex or my own 'promotional' emails. However by this afternoon those rates have gone even higher and have risen by over 2 cents on the two main currencies - let this trend continue :-D
#923833 by Hev60
11 Jul 2016, 23:49
Sunseeker wrote:Hi hev were in London do you get yours as I know somebody that runs one opposite kings cross and I haven't come across anyone who beats them and that is withoutout the extra cent or 2 he gives per pound

BestForeignExchange.com (Thomas Exchange Global Ltd) just outside Liverpool Street Station but they have several other branches around London. This evening currencies went to $1.17 and $1.29. Obviously both ridiculously low compared to a couple of weeks ago but improved on this morning's rates. Fortunately I do not need to buy anything until next year, so keeping fingers crossed.
Virgin Atlantic