For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#924118 by Traveller2
21 Jul 2016, 11:54
Have you tried googling it or better still, have a look at the Barbados Travel Forum on Trip Advisor.

We were there last May staying near Oistins as the Sargassum was dreadful. We couldn't go into the sea at our hotel at all and the smell was overpowering. We had no idea about it before we went and when we got back, I had a look on TA and there was all the info!

Hopefully it is clear this year as it was having an impact on their tourist industry.
#924494 by LucyLu
02 Aug 2016, 20:40
Do use Trip Advisor, there are lots of people on there who stay on the island for extended periods, live there or visit regularly. As far as I am aware, there has been some this year, but nothing like there was last year. I couldn't believe the photos from last year, if was awful, not just for the holiday makers but also for the marine life.

We were out in May and there were the odd small bits but nothing to worry about.

There is a closed group on Facebook that monitors it (Sargassum Monitoring Network Barbados) - you could ask to join that. I did find that although there were pictures posted of some seaweed while we were there, we didn't see any, so it was very intermittent. I've certainly not heard any horror stories since we got back.