For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#924478 by SlimpyJones
02 Aug 2016, 18:59
Hey all,

For my Christmas break I was originally booked in to travel MAN-ATL-PHX-ATL-MAN, departing 24th December. However today I was notified that my MAN-ATL flight was cancelled, so I've been able to negotiate a departure from LHR.
I opted to give the Delta service a go this time as I've been curious to try it out for a while.

Admittedly it's going to mean no Clubhouse time as the Delta services to ATL depart from Terminal 4 so it's going to be a dose of the T4 Skyteam Lounge instead.

Whilst I don't expect it to have the same pizzazz as Virgin Upperclass, in a way I'm quite looking forward to it as I've never tried DL longhaul so it'll be an interesting service comparison. I've read quite a lot of favourable reviews as well as the odd TR on here, but nothing too recent.

If anyone else has any first-hand views I'd be interested to hear them! :)
#924502 by tontybear
02 Aug 2016, 21:43
I did a a couple TRs from flights about 4 years ago from LHR-JFK - hope those are the ones you've seen !

I flew D1 as well last October (LHR-MSP-ORD-ATL-LHR) and the flights were very good as well. Good food and drink as well as friendly staff. Good selection on the IFE as well.

On internal flights the service was still good but the food offering depends on the distance as well as the cabin. Still there was a good selection of drinks - at least in Business.

Whilst the T4 lounge is no CH it's still a very good lounge with a reasonable selection of food / snacks as well as booze - it's all serve yourself.

My top tip is to go upstairs rather than downstairs to get a better chance of a seat and more peace and quiet.
#924506 by SlimpyJones
02 Aug 2016, 22:28
I actually hadn't seen yours tonty! I didn't go back that far on the forum haha. I've had a read though and they are very informative - thanks very much. Shame that the pictures have vanished though, ah well.

I've watched a few vids of the on-board service and the T4 lounge and I'm still expecting it to be an enjoyable experience nonetheless. They all seem to backup your views on the food as well. :D