For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#924900 by pjh
13 Aug 2016, 10:02
After two wonderful weeks we are saying our farewell to South Africa. Trip reports will follow but EK have been great (so far) as have and outstanding memories include;

- Warwick Junction Market in Durban. Quite unlike anywhere I've been before
- The Rattray family storytelling of the Zulu victory at Isandlwana and the defence of Rorke's Drift
- Off roading through the bush following lions, and elephants crashing through our compound.
- The sheer bloody luxury of Phinda Forest Lodge
- Table Mountain
- Sharing all of the above and more with my family

And so to sign off for now...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (85.22 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
#924901 by hiljil
13 Aug 2016, 10:07
Good Morning.

So pleased it has all turned out so well and you have had a great time. Look forward to the TR's .

Have a good flight home as a grand finale ! :-D
#924902 by pjh
13 Aug 2016, 10:23
hiljil wrote:Good Morning.

So pleased it has all turned out so well and you have had a great time. Look forward to the TR's .

Have a good flight home as a grand finale ! :-D

The only downside was an EK agent saying to me at check in "That's the queue for Business Class, sir" I like to think she was trying to say "The First Class is over here" rather than "I can't believe that a scruffy herbert like you would be flying Business". :)
#924905 by mallin
13 Aug 2016, 10:45
Glad you had a wonderful holiday and happy belated birthday greetings Paul.

You should never judge on appearances I once met a scruffy tramp sweeping the yard at a car dealership and the salesman said he owned the group franchise and was worth millions.

Hope you have a good flight home. Linda :cool:
#924910 by joeyc
13 Aug 2016, 13:35
Afternoon Paul, glad you had an awesome holiday and hope you have a great flight back. EK do set the bar fairly high when it comes to their on board product offering. I look forward to reading those TRs.

Incidentally, why have photos started to appear upside down on the site when using a laptop? I don't get the same issue on my iPad.
Virgin Atlantic