For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#925414 by Sealink
30 Aug 2016, 09:36
An airline I would not usually consider... but this ad is really nice and is part of their campaign to be the No. 1 choice for flyers, employees and investors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duris_3coHU
#925433 by Bretty
30 Aug 2016, 18:48
Rather nice that. I too wouldn't normally consider them.
#925442 by hazban
30 Aug 2016, 23:03
Had a few Trans Atlantic trips this year on VS and BA , heard a few comments that AA (especially from Heathrow) is a very good product. A few years since I last experienced them but competition must be good for us travellers, hopefully raising standards and keeping everyone on their toes?
Or is this just wishful thinking! ;-)
#925446 by oldboy
31 Aug 2016, 08:13
I haven't flown AA for 15 years or more. I used to work for a large US business who's airline partner was AA. Given the corporate spend when we booked business class seats we were upgraded to First if seats available, I probably got upgraded on 8 out of 10 flights which was very nice.
#925484 by whiterose
31 Aug 2016, 18:07
It's some years since we flew American LHR to NYC, no TR as it was before I joined the forum. Put me off AA for ever. Check-in woman was appallingly rude and very aggressive, return flight still sticks in the memory, the 'flat beds' were the angled variety, designed for the six-foot department. I am way short of that and spent the flight sliding down to the footrest. I expect it's different now, but I am not tempted.

And on our recent family holiday in beautiful south-west Ireland, youngest son's overnight AA flight EWR/DUB was four hours late, another nail in AA's coffin for me!
#925495 by honey lamb
31 Aug 2016, 22:14
whiterose wrote:And on our recent family holiday in beautiful south-west Ireland, youngest son's overnight AA flight EWR/DUB was four hours late, another nail in AA's coffin for me!

You were in the south-west of Ireland and you didn't come and see me!!
#925510 by joeyc
01 Sep 2016, 12:35
A nice little ad, gets the message across.. another three years to go until I hit Au for life though. Sorry AA :-P
#925532 by pjh
01 Sep 2016, 17:30
Great little ad, getting a lot of ideas across in a very short space of time.

As we know thought there can be a deep and wide chasm between an advert and the underyling reality. :)
#925536 by whiterose
01 Sep 2016, 18:30
honey lamb wrote:
whiterose wrote:And on our recent family holiday in beautiful south-west Ireland, youngest son's overnight AA flight EWR/DUB was four hours late, another nail in AA's coffin for me!

You didn't invite me! We loved it, stayed in Adare, visited the Dingle Peninsula on a stunningly lovely day when the Atlantic was as blue as the Caribbean, enjoyed Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, unexpected pop festival (not our usual scene) in Ennis and a birthday celebration at Dromoland Castle. And lots of visits to somebody or other's bar. I even enjoyed Guinness, to everyone's astonishment.
#925540 by honey lamb
01 Sep 2016, 20:24
whiterose wrote:
honey lamb wrote:

You didn't invite me! We loved it, stayed in Adare, visited the Dingle Peninsula on a stunningly lovely day when the Atlantic was as blue as the Caribbean, enjoyed Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, unexpected pop festival (not our usual scene) in Ennis and a birthday celebration at Dromoland Castle. And lots of visits to somebody or other's bar. I even enjoyed Guinness, to everyone's astonishment.

There's an open invitation as Sealink can attest. However, apart from Dingle, I would have called the area you were in as the Mid-West, so you are forgiven. :D
Virgin Atlantic