For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#926252 by Virgin AU Flyer
16 Sep 2016, 10:09
I know we have some Yosemite experts here so hope someone can help!
We're thinking of a Yosemite trip from Vegas next summer. We want to maintain our time in Las Vegas and Palm Springs so was planning a short trip but to see as much as possible. I wanted to cross check some of my research with the experts here whom I know have a lot of experience here.
We were planning to leave Vegas on the I15 and then turn off and travel up the 395. I understand this is more scenic than the Death Valley routes, but correct me if I am wrong. I read that Bishop is a good stop off. Does anyone have any other suggestions or hotel recommendations for the stop off.
Day 2 were planning to drive into Yosemite. We liked the look of a place called Tenaya Lodge. Can anyone recommend that or suggest an alternative? We were planning one night or two nights there to explore Yosemite. Before then driving back down the CA99 to Palm Springs. Do you think better to have two nights in Yosemite, then a long drive to Palm Springs. Or better for one night in Yosemite and then one night enroute to Palm Springs.

Also any must do things in Yosemite?

Thanks in advance for any help.
#926254 by pjh
16 Sep 2016, 10:59
There's a fairly detailed report here.