For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#932987 by julmops
23 Feb 2017, 14:58
Hi all,

Looking at flights for next January to NYC and back.

For the journey back, I have 2 options in business class.

Delta on 76W (to Amsterdam and KLM back to London)
Air France on 772 (via Paris)

Which one would you pick?
Time wise, they both leave JFK at the same time, final arrival in London within 5 minutes.
Many thanks in advance !
#932990 by tontybear
23 Feb 2017, 15:34
If you want to earn VS miles and TPs then you need to be on DL flight with the DL flight code.

Not sure what the connection system is like at CDG but at AMS you'd basically get off the JFK flight and be in the same departure area as the flight to LHR
#932991 by julmops
23 Feb 2017, 15:39
tontybear wrote:If you want to earn VS miles and TPs then you need to be on DL flight with the DL flight code.

Not sure what the connection system is like at CDG but at AMS you'd basically get off the JFK flight and be in the same departure area as the flight to LHR

Hi Tontybear,
Thanks for your reply. I'm not too fussed to get miles on this as my main concern is to be able to fly in business class ;)
I've experienced both airports and CDG can definitely be a bit chaotic so maybe AMS is a good idea ...
Any other opinions will be welcome.
#932992 by whiterose
23 Feb 2017, 16:54
We're seriously considering abandoning VS and trying American Airlines business class. Some of their LHR/JFK flights are code-shares with BA but some of them are on AA metal and their new business class on 777 is getting rave reviews. Just need to ensure it's AA metal not BA and new business class config.
#932994 by SlimpyJones
23 Feb 2017, 16:59
The Delta 76W business product is very good, I guarantee you'll not go hungry. I'm not too sure it's great for sleeping though. I've never tried AF so couldn't tell ya. I imagine regardless of what you choose you'll get the same lounge in CDG.

You could try Delta out to JFK and then AF back again?

whiterose wrote:We're seriously considering abandoning VS and trying American Airlines business class. Some of their LHR/JFK flights are code-shares with BA but some of them are on AA metal and their new business class on 777 is getting rave reviews. Just need to ensure it's AA metal not BA and new business class config.

Not sure this is much help as julmops needs to book via the DL site and BA/AA have nothing to do with Delta.
#932996 by mitchja
23 Feb 2017, 22:12
Delta & Air France (along with several other airlines) are all members of the SkyTeam Alliance.
#932997 by Airveiss
23 Feb 2017, 22:45
Air France's new business class on the 772 is the far better product. Delta's business seat is mostly storage and shelf space you don't need. The seat is narrow and the feeling is confined.

I suggest swimming home before booking Delta's business class product.
#933017 by julmops
24 Feb 2017, 12:07
Update - now booked entirely on AF but on a DL booking.
I will finally be flying the A380!!!
Return biz ticket was 1261 pounds so pretty good deal !!!
Virgin Atlantic