For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#936700 by DomBres
19 Jul 2017, 20:59
Good Evening All,

I'm flying on the MAN to JFK route next month and would be very grateful to hear of any recommended shuttle/transfer services from the airport to a Hotel in Manhattan and a return trip.

In my last trip to NY I used GO Airlink and couldn't complain, but upon checking recent reviews, I'm hesitant to book again. Many friends have simply recommended a taxi but arriving at JFK at 4:30, I'd expect the line to be congested?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Very happy to have finally joined the forum after reading with interest for some time.
#936702 by mitchja
19 Jul 2017, 23:35
Welcome to V-Flyer :-)

If you are up for using public transport then the AirTrain+Subway is by far the quickest and cheapest way to transfer between JFK and Manhattan.

It took me about 45 minutes and costs around ~$9.50 ($5.00 for the AirTrain and the rest for the subway ride). I was staying in the Lexington Avenue area so only needed to use 1 Subway line for my journey. It’s all pretty easy to use even with luggage.
#936704 by tontybear
20 Jul 2017, 02:46
If you want a car service then Carmel Limo offer a good service as does Uber.

Nothing wrong with a traditional NYC taxi - though join the official queue with the marshall and just ignore anyone who approaches you in the arrivals hall.

If you said what your actual destination is (cross streets are fine if you don't want to mention a specific hotel) we could offer more specific advice. Info on how many people and luggage would also help.
#936707 by locutus
20 Jul 2017, 08:54
It depends what area you're staying in. I usually get the LIRR, and walk from Penn Station to my hotel.

I also buy the tickets on my phone, much easier than waiting for a machine to be free and you can buy in advance.
#936708 by DomBres
20 Jul 2017, 09:34
It's the Viceroy Central Park, W 57th Street.

tontybear wrote:If you want a car service then Carmel Limo offer a good service as does Uber.

Nothing wrong with a traditional NYC taxi - though join the official queue with the marshall and just ignore anyone who approaches you in the arrivals hall.

If you said what your actual destination is (cross streets are fine if you don't want to mention a specific hotel) we could offer more specific advice. Info on how many people and luggage would also help.
#936897 by CHill710
27 Jul 2017, 12:58
Super shuttle are ok from JFK for a shared ride service $15 per person if I remember correctly
Virgin Atlantic