For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#939568 by oldboy
14 Nov 2017, 10:46
This was a last minute holiday trip to the Riviera May in Mexico, we booked on the Friday, packed on Saturday & flew on Sunday.

All of our long haul flights in the past 15 years or so have been in UC/business so we were interested to see what the TUI Premier Club offering (PE equivelant) had to offer.

All in all the experience was very good. We had access to the Aspire Plus lounge at Bristol Airport which although obviously no Club House was perfectly adequate. Our flight was on a TUI Dreamliner. We had fast track through immigration & priority boarding. We found the outbound flight excellent with attentive service throughout. Food was ok, about the norm for airline food. Leg room was 38" which I think is similar to VS-PE cabin. What we did like very much is that we were sat next to each other rather than being stuck in the VS style UC stall. For a supplement of around £250 return per person we thought Premier Club provided very good value, our flight was this month, prices would be much higher in peak season.

We will certainly use this service again.

The return flight (yesterday) was not quite as good i.e. service was not as good as the outbound flight, just as many of us observe with VS, it is the quality of the on board staff who make the difference between an ok & good experience. I must say that we did miss having a bed on an overnight flight but obviously you only get what you pay for.
#939573 by hiljil
14 Nov 2017, 16:22
Thank you for an interesting report. I always like to read about other airlines and options. A shame the inbound flight wasn’t so good, but as you say, that is often the case.
#939580 by pjh
15 Nov 2017, 05:53
Thanks for the the reprt. Very impressed by the spontaneity...

oldboy wrote:This was a last minute holiday trip to the Riviera May in Mexico, we booked on the Friday, packed on Saturday & flew on Sunday.