For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#940615 by hunterdwmgzt
08 Jan 2018, 11:38
Hi, We’ve booked to go to St Lucia this October and I'm wondering if I can get some advice from any seasoned St Lucia visitors. This is our very first time to St Lucia (though we’ve been to Barbados many times) and we’ve opted for East Winds Inn.
In Barbados we usually hire a car for a couple of days as we like to get out and see some of the island. Is this a good/safe thing to do in St Lucia? If so, would anybody have any recommendations for car hire firms that would drop off and pick up again from the hotel?
Many thanks,
D.
#940624 by marshy11
08 Jan 2018, 14:37
I can't comment on car hire as we never do it.

I will not be the only one to tell you this but you will LOVE East Winds. @HWVlover the secret is OUT!

We've only taken the helicopter and it's great fun plus you get to see a little bit of the island. Flying around the Pitons is magical.
#940644 by pjh
08 Jan 2018, 23:29
Great choice on accommodation. Can't comment on the car hire as once in East Winds the lure of the outside vanishes...

I would recommend looking for a private transfer rather than a shared ride. It is a bit of a slog from the south to the north and calling at other hotels on the way doesn't add anything to the experience. :D
Virgin Atlantic