For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#350 by Pete
02 Mar 2004, 09:49
Got a letter through from Hilton HHonors this morning offering me 6 months of Flying Dutchman Gold Elite for six months. I'm guessing this is being offered to all HHonors Gold members.

Might as well take it, although I somehow don't think I'll be able to hang onto it.

It'll be quite odd, once the *A card comes through, it'll make me Gold Tier in 3 airline programmes in a year that I've done less flying that at any time in the previous 10! :)

Pix
#26261 by TJ
02 Mar 2004, 09:57
Hi Pix,

Sorry, silly question, but what's the *A card?

Thanks.

TJ
#26262 by Bazz
02 Mar 2004, 10:18
Star Alliance
#26263 by Bazz
02 Mar 2004, 10:20
quote:Originally posted by pixuk
Got a letter through from Hilton HHonors this morning offering me 6 months of Flying Dutchman Gold Elite for six months. I'm guessing this is being offered to all HHonors Gold members.

I'm HHonors Gold but have not received any offer (yet). I will post if one arrives.
#26264 by Pete
02 Mar 2004, 10:24
It literally arrived this morning, so I imagine they are going out as we speak.

I'm not a particularly heavy user of the hhonors card (some, but not a lot - it's a free membership courtesy of the Centurion card, not because I actually *earnt* it or anything! :)) so I assume everyone will be getting the KLM invite.

Pix
#26267 by Bazz
02 Mar 2004, 10:46
Pix, mines comp by Centurion too, havn't actually stayed at a Hilton property in the last 12 months! It will be interesting to see what happens. As a lowly FC Silver I am curious to learn what KLM Gold Elites get? Better do some research, could possible fit in a flight in the next three months if there are some really good deals! Have to be pretty good to temp me off VS metal though.
#26268 by Pete
02 Mar 2004, 11:19
Bet you're wishing you'd held off on that *A Status Match now, aren't ya? You could have status matched the comp Flying Dutchman Gold Elite and gone Gold *A too...

Ah, the complex but interesting ways of airline loyalty schemes...

Pix
#26272 by Bazz
02 Mar 2004, 11:47
Boo Hoo, I'm gonna throw my toys out of my pram! :)
#26289 by The_Banking_Scot
02 Mar 2004, 20:02
Hi,

Got my letter today.

Only one problem with retaining status.... You have to FLY KLM/NW!!!:D

Regards

TBS
#26544 by Bazz
10 Mar 2004, 09:56
Still nothing, Pix & TBS on your letter did you have any contact number or email? I am happy to give them a call to try to persuade them to include me in this offer. ;)
#26562 by RichardMannion
10 Mar 2004, 18:33
I got the letter a week or two ago as well - like I'm going to fly on one of those airlines.... :)

My Gold HiltonHonors came via my Centurion, but I got to Diamond last year via stays (not that I'll requalify this year [:(!])

Thanks,
Richard
#26837 by The_Banking_Scot
16 Mar 2004, 21:50
Hi Bazz,

I'll try to dig out the form later and see if there are any details.

Regards

TBS
#27178 by Decker
20 Mar 2004, 20:56
Likewise - got Hilton Gold via Centurion but only just missed Diamond last year. No offer as yet though...[:(] so any details appreciated.
#28365 by barella
02 Apr 2004, 18:51
I'm a HH Gold too and haven't received anything yet. Any way of us non-targetted being able to take part? Is there a weblink or telephone number to register for this promotion on the letter?
#29575 by Matt
20 Apr 2004, 12:33
I used to do a lot of work in the NL and was forever travelling back and forth with KLM and earned Gold Elite status and have been on it for 4 years now (I actually stopped flying to NL over a year ago but KLM over the past few years have allowed gold members to remain at their current status).

Have also used miles for Business Class (no first on KLM..apparently) to fly to Aruba (lovely place), and also to New York (although the AMS-JFK flight was coded KL but actually with NorthWorst!! say no more on that one). KLM Business class was great though, no complaints there at all and I also like the numerous clubhouses at AMS.

Matt
#29710 by Pete
21 Apr 2004, 11:54
Well, got my Flying Dutchman Gold Elite card this morning (although there's still no sign of that BMI Gold Card for the *A Status Match!). Wonder if I'll get a chance to use it before it runs out!

Pix
#29759 by RichardMannion
21 Apr 2004, 19:17
Got My Gold Elite pack this morning too, had my BMI Gold *Match pack for a whiel and making use of the vouchers....

Thanks,
Richard
Virgin Atlantic