For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#64 by jaguarpig
17 Dec 2003, 19:42
Virgin credit card seems a good deal to me. 2 FC miles per £1 spent credited automatically to your FC account each month for a fee of £80.I got fed up with my amex plat card being knocked back all the time but everyone takes a mastercard.I think I was credited with a few thousand miles when I first charged to the card and you get a companion ticket if you spend over 15k in the year.There a link to get the card online on the ifly site.
cheers Chris
#25116 by The_Banking_Scot
17 Dec 2003, 20:12
Hi jaguarpig,

Welcome on board:)

I have the 2* mile earning VS FC mastercard- i like it.

Virign does have an offer with Amex for 2* ( 4* miles if booking with Virgin Atlantic) per £ spent but existing cardholders are not eligible for it I think.

I also have the UK Plat Amex -for the Priority Pass, bmi lounge access and travel insurance, it is currently good value for me ( your mileage may vary of course)

Regards

TBS

VS FC Gold
#25858 by TJ
18 Feb 2004, 14:25
Hi,

I have the Virgin MasterCard and I agree, it's great! :)

At the end of the month, I get a welcome boost to my FlyingClub points, are for doing nothing more than my monthly purchasing!

Great :)

I agree that there should be a link from VirginFlyer to the FlyingClub MasterCard application site.

Also, wouldn't it be nice if the FlyingClub Virgin Credit Card had a FlyingClub or VAA logo somewhere on it? To make it that little bit different from the run-of-the-mill Virgin Card.

TJ
#25872 by Buffers
18 Feb 2004, 18:19
Spot on TJ.

Lufthansa - among others - have a combined FF and credit card which saves having to carry two cards around in an already over-crowded wallet.

It would also be cool if the colour of the card reflected your FC status and there were additional benefits...
#25877 by Nottingham Nick
18 Feb 2004, 18:55
Totally agree that the card represents an excellent way of accruing miles and, after a few hiccups, seems to be well administered.

I did write to MBNA / Virgin Credit card suggesting a seperate brand identity for the Flying Club card several months ago but, other than a 'your comments have been noted' type reply, have heard nothing more.

Nick

VS Silver
Flying with Virgin since 1984.
#25880 by TJ
18 Feb 2004, 19:36
I think I'll write to MBNA also about the dual brand identity issue.

The more people that mention it, the more likely they are to take notice etc.

Perhaps a letter to FlyingClub itself would also be a good idea?

Maybe we should try to get all users on VirginFlyer who hold the Virgin card to write also. Start a campaign! :)

TJ
#25895 by Buffers
19 Feb 2004, 10:55
Go for it TJ!

I'm going to pen a letter to i-Fly in support of this idea.

By the by, there's been a lot of discussion about about the pros and cons of Amex recently, and I for one will never use an Amex card again. There's no comparison between the customer service offered by MBNA and Amex. I had to wait until I cancelled my Amex card before getting any feedback on my original complaint.

However, I liked the concierge service on Plat, so all I did was join Quintessentially and haven't looked back since! Infinitely superior!
Virgin Atlantic