For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#835 by Jonathan S
11 Apr 2004, 22:28
I've fallen under the spell of BA and booked two WTP tickets to Muscat (in Oman)... well to be honest I fell in love with the Chedi hotel (which is showing on Expedia Luxury)... such a great deal.

So, question - has anyone flown a BA 777 is WTP? I heard a rumour they were introducing Champers on board pre departure... but I may have dreamt that.

Don't hate me - I worked b***y hard for my Gold card and I intent to keep it, if only VS flew to the Middle East (I had an FA on a flight recently from JFK who said it was in the pipeline).

Jonathan
#28881 by Nottingham Nick
11 Apr 2004, 22:33
Never mind Jonathan, a BA experience will make you appreciate UC even more:):)

DXB is a long rumoured destination for VS - along with several others :)

I haven't heard anything recently - apart from the westbound additions to the routes.

Nick
#28882 by mitchja
11 Apr 2004, 22:37
Been on a BA 744 in WTP - and it was cr*p - only thing you can say it's beeter then cattle class - you dont even get a seperate check-in at most destinations now, but you maybe asking the wrong person here I I am not a fan of BA [}:)]
#28884 by Jonathan S
11 Apr 2004, 23:39
Mitch

Perhaps your answer is a bit harsh. Clearly Virgin is my first choice, for lots of reasons.

I've flown WTP on a 744 too, and enjoyed it very much. Obviously missed my glass of tepid champagne, and seperate check in - but Self Check In (which took 30 seconds) and a glass of Champs at the Caviar House Bar was more than enough for me.

For the record, I think the BA WTP seat is far superior to the older VS PE seating - I slept for much longer on the BA WTP than on my PE return to LHR 2 weeks ago. (Although the new VS PE seat is a great way to fly).

My question was more towards the 777 experience. Just wondered if anyone knew if it was different to the 744 etc. (hence the forum choice)...

I think when VS launch a Dubai/Middle East service, with new seats, Self Service/On line check in and cold champagne - then we'll be able to judge them equally!

Jonathan
#28886 by mitchja
12 Apr 2004, 00:40
Sorry Jonathan if I sounded a bit harsh but as I've said before I'm not a fan of BA. As you said the self-service is a plus (for Exec Club members anyway) but I still think WTP is not as good as PE.
Virgin Atlantic