For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#978 by Jonathan S
23 Apr 2004, 00:13
Here's a thought. I've reserved a trip to Bali with SIN, as a VS Au and an Star alliance gold, which card do i put on the booking. I want my miles on VS, I know SIN rarely upgrade, but should I stick to VS?

Also, do you think I'm more likely to get an upgrade with my Star gold upgrade vouchers as a VS gold or a Star Gold?

What to do?
#29891 by Vslf
23 Apr 2004, 10:52
Hi Jonathan,

my understanding and experience of SQ is that they are one of the most particular about upgrades. They have a lot of very frequent flyers who are top of the list, but even they rarely get op upgrades. I'd say if you want on the miles on VS then that's the card you should put on the booking, don't think you would have much more chance of an upgrade with *A Gold.

Probably worth asking on the SQ forum over at flyer talk.

VSlf
#29892 by Jonathan S
23 Apr 2004, 11:27
With upgrades I was referring to the upgrade vouchers given by becoming a *Au member with BMI... these offer upgrades on the day to the next cabin subject to avail (and the right ticket class).

jonathan
#29905 by Vslf
23 Apr 2004, 14:31
[:I] Should have read your post properly shouldn't I?

It's an interesting question though. When I flew with SQ earlier this year I had my FC card queried once, the check in agent wasn't aware it qualified. From that I would say the *A was most likely to succeed for the upgrade.

VSlf
#29906 by jaguarpig
23 Apr 2004, 14:36
I though I had read in the *A pack that the upgrade vouchers were not valid on SA could be wrong but the possibilities of getting upgraded on SA are almost zero put the VS card across for the miles and TPs.
#29917 by BlackCat
23 Apr 2004, 16:11
The upgrade vouchers are not valid on SQ. Not that they ever give upgrades anyway!

BC
Virgin Atlantic