Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#237290 by Tigger
09 Aug 2005, 03:02
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
This is my return leg of my US trip which I took on 19 June. I flew into NY and out of Boston. See previous TR.

I made a comment in my previous TR about the service on my trip to NY, and I have to say this trip out of Boston made up for it. The crew were great - friendly, attentive and well - more formal.

I got to Logan airport without incident, checked in quickly amd proceeded to the lounge. It wasn't a VS lounge, but Northwest Airlines. Comfortable enough, but not VS! It was fine really.

I had a bit of a scare because I knew VS were still operating the old A340s without the UCSs. I was told by VS on the phone that this flight was a 744, but checking the schedules tool on this website said it was an A340-300! No UCS! My fears were allayed when en route to Logan, I saw the VS aircraft parked and it was indeed a 744. Phew!

The suits were as usual, comfoirtable, but this plane was old and you could see the frays in the upholstery of the suits. Little complaint - there were no adapters for my powerbook on board. Someone had forgotten to load them on that flight! My powerbook did survive my movie though (Blade III - Trinity) with 1% of battery life left.

They didn't forget my dessert this time! Great trip.

After all that, I can't wait for my VS200 trip to Sydney! More TRs coming up!
#307716 by HighFlyer
09 Aug 2005, 10:18
Glad the inbound was better than the outbound [:)][:)]
#307720 by Dave Adkins
09 Aug 2005, 10:25
Nice to hear of the improvement inbound, but bad outbound flight really put a downer on the trip to start from, don't they. Or I suppose the other side is things can only get better[:D] Let's hope our first UCS trip in 3 weeks is OK[:)]
#307770 by buns
09 Aug 2005, 20:59
Tigger

Having just read your outbound, it was good to hear that the service on board was more akinn to what you have become used to with SQ.

I should also add some thanks for your comments about you finding the V-Flyer site so useful[8D][8D]

buns