Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#237745 by dinodog
05 Sep 2005, 01:17
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
3rd flight this year with Virgin on the same route to MCO. Check in a piece of ease using the online check in facility (now would not use anything else). A dash through immigration and security to see Ladybird waiting to take us to the Florida sun.

A pretty much full flight, as we were boarding our little boy Jack noticed to his dismay that the man with the rucksacks, when we asked we were told must have run out! With Jack not impressed we settled into our seats 29 H, J and K and asked one of the cabin crew. To our surprise one of the crew always keeps a couple in his locker, just in case!!! With Jack happy we quickly settled into a smooth departure.

Loads of problems with the IFE, they had to reboot several times to get all the rows working and then there still seemed to be problems. Not all channels appeared to work properly and in our row my screen was the only one without annoying messages that kept popping up.

Food was fine for economy, although Jacks childrens meal did not appear and when we asked, very apologetic face said he would see what he could do. He came back with a mixture of a childs and adults meal. By the sounds of it we werent the only ones, the man behind us was really angry and told everyone it has happened to him on many occasions with Virgin. There was obviously a problem with the caterers, a senior cabin crew appeared apologised to the angry passenger, and he offered champagne to calm him down! Admitted someone messed up and took the wrap for the caterers.

Arrived on time and we spent the first night at the Hyatt and watched Ladybird go back to LGW from the comfort of the rooftop swimming pool. Had 3 great weeks in the Florida sun. Not one of the best flights with Virgin though, return flight to follow.
#310871 by mitchja
05 Sep 2005, 08:47
Excellent TR and welcome to V-Flyer dinodog [:)]

It does seem VS are having some problems with the IFE on LGW flights recently.

Regards
#310892 by sunny
05 Sep 2005, 11:57
Hi dinodog and welcome to V-Flyer!

Thanks for the TR [y][y] from down back in Y, it is nice to read some reports that do not involve UC[}:)][;)]. It is a shame IFE wasn't working properly and food for the youngster didn't seem to materialise correctly. Hope the return leg is smoother.

Max
#310895 by Jonathan
05 Sep 2005, 12:06
Welcome to v-Flyer dinodog,
Sorry your experience didn't meet 100% of expectations
but thanks for the TR!
#310908 by newby
05 Sep 2005, 15:25
Originally posted by mitchja
Excellent TR and welcome to V-Flyer dinodog [:)]

It does seem VS are having some problems with the IFE on LGW flights recently.

Regards

You are not wrong I was on the VS27 on 27 Aug and the IFE had to be rebooted 3 times and in 9 hours we only got to watch 2 hours of stuff.

To make matters worse on my return journey on the VS28 on 3 Sep there was NO IFE at all for the whole journey ;-( (at least I got a DVD player in upper class although the batteries didnt last long either!) Thank god for the celebrity family on my return trip who were sitting next to me and managed to keep me entertained instead with their antics!
#310931 by AlanA
05 Sep 2005, 19:29
Originally posted by newby

You are not wrong I was on the VS27 on 27 Aug and the IFE had to be rebooted 3 times and in 9 hours we only got to watch 2 hours of stuff.

To make matters worse on my return journey on the VS28 on 3 Sep there was NO IFE at all for the whole journey ;-( (at least I got a DVD player in upper class although the batteries didnt last long either!) Thank god for the celebrity family on my return trip who were sitting next to me and managed to keep me entertained instead with their antics!

I don't like this 'new' style of reporting! COME ON! Tell who the celebs were! [:D][:D][:I][:I][:D][:D]
Virgin Atlantic