Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#237968 by deep_south
18 Sep 2005, 00:36
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Flew with my wife on 2 reward tickets, booked back in January. We were in 6a and 6k, right at the front.

This was our second UCS day flight, and we have now both agreed the UCS isn't as confortable as a seat as the previous design was - no support fot the legs. Also if you are travelling as a couple, the UCS is a long way from your partner (which of course is a benefit if travelling on your own!). Even on the LHR 'doubles' with the partition out you still aren't too close.

Flight was fine - we took off 45 minutes late after a late push back and slow taxi and wait for the runway. Flight was fine - I had a good steak; my wife wasn't too impressed with the chicken.

Enrertainment was fine - it all worked, but I had seen several of the films on BA long haul previously.

Getting off was a joke - the crew were not doing anything to expedite the UCS and PE passengers, so a lot of economy passengers were off ahead of us, and it took well over 30 minute to get through immigration. All it needed was a couple of them to 'hold back' the economy passengers from the rear and it would have made a huge difference to us.

At least it mreant the bags were wating for us. Grabbed a taxi to the Bellagio and checked into our lake view room with no problems. Weather is great - around 33C and sunny...!
#312461 by Nottingham Nick
18 Sep 2005, 13:38
Thanks for the TR.

From my experience, and what I have read, the crew allowing Y class pax to disembark before premium pax is quite unusual. They are usually very good at 'holding back' the passengers, as you suggest.

Nick
#312475 by jaguarpig
18 Sep 2005, 19:48
We had a similar thing happen on our recent LGW-MCO flight. No one was held back apart from us(travelling in UC) by an off duty crew member letting her mates off of the upper deck. We then ended up behind 7 crew at immigration(our bad line choice as well)[:(!]

I assume you mean LGW-MCO. I have found that you are less likely to get priority

Corrected thats what you get posting after a couple of glasses of wine, doh[:I]
#312489 by p17blo
18 Sep 2005, 21:43
Originally posted by jaguarpig
LHR-MCO flight.

I assume you mean LGW-MCO[:D]. I have found that you are less likely to get priority when travelling the leisure routes (LAS, MCO, BGI etc). I have had it a couple of time and on a previous flight where the service had been bad I did 'mention' it to the IFS as I left after half of the Y cabin. She yelled at me that they where 'short staffed', to which I quickly, but politely said back 'So as I have had economy service all flight will I be able to claim my Upper Class fare back?'. Short staffing happens, but you should never forget who the customer is, and which customers are 'more equal' that others[8D]

Paul
#312526 by jaguarpig
19 Sep 2005, 12:19
and which customers are 'more equal' that others

My favorite quote,excluding numerous by Homer J.[:D]
Virgin Atlantic