Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#238334 by Ongen
10 Oct 2005, 17:05
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Again I apologise for the delay in posting this TR. My memory of this flight is even more sketchy than my last for reasons which will become apparent!

I decided to arrive early to the CH after check in as I was interested to see what the place was like after missing its opening by a couple of days. I was initially impressed, however as the evening wore on I noticed that it started to feel a little busy and there was a lack of seating available. I guess this will be resolved when phase II opens, and makes it an impossibly large lounge.

My haircut was pre-booked and the results were even better than last time. The new affiliation with the cosmetics company also caused me to chuckle as I noticed the name of the hand lotion in the restrooms (I know it is childish but rubbing Cow-Pat into your hands entertained me!).

After my haircut and some email checking in the business centre (which could really do with having the music reduced in volume after all phone calls were being conducted), I ate some Sushi and a salad which was up to its usual par.

Retiring to the bar for a Gin and Tonic I was discussing the new bar with some of the staff who appeared to be enjoying themselves, and started mixing new drinks for those of us at the bar. Perhaps a couple too many drinks to be exact. Never mind!

Feeling relaxed I boarded where champagne and water was served (see where this is going?) after someone asked if I minded swapping seats as he had a colleague on board. I politely informed them that I had pre-booked the seat (3A after it served me so well on my last flight), and they found 2 empty seats elsewhere. We pushed back on time and the IFBT introduced herself, and another OB bag. After take off the dinner orders were taken. The menu was the same as my previous flight (when the Salmon was unavailable). I was stunned therefore when a member of the crew came to inform me there was a lack of Salmon and would I mind changing my order. She also mentioned that she knew I was an Ag holder, and if I really wanted the Salmon (which I did), she would ensure I got it (which I did). I opted for a glass of the Sauvignon Blanc which was perfect with the Salmon. The glass also had an alarming tendency to be refilled as soon as I diverted my attention to the film.

After dinner I opted for a small dram of whisky to finish the night off. However the crew member who was Indian had obviously missed the concept of standard measures (not that I am complaining) and filled a glass 2/3rds full. Next thing, I am asleep which is how I remain for the next 7 hours of the flight before I am awoken being offered breakfast and feeling a little fragile. Breakfast consisted of cereal, some fruit and a couple of espressos. Many thanks to Mike-Smashing for alerting me to the presence of an espresso machine on board. This is much better than the filth they forced upon me on my previous overnight leg, and made a real difference.

We landed on time after which I had to contend with the transit to the domestic terminal, a 4 hour layover in Delhi airport and an Indian Airlines flight to Bangalore, all while feeling less than human. Needless to say it was not a pleasant onward journey! Many thanks to all VS crew on the flight and in the CH, it was another great flight.
#315376 by Nottingham Nick
10 Oct 2005, 20:13
Thanks, Ongen [y]

Nice to hear you had a good flight, and nice to hear that being Ag does help a little after all [}:)][8D]

Given the amount of liquid refreshment consumed, you would fit in well with the Vegas tour party. [;)][:D]

Nick
#315426 by Ongen
11 Oct 2005, 05:23
I would love to attend, however I am stuck in India until late December! I was surprised that Ag helped, and I am REALLY looking forward to receiving my Gold card in Dec/Jan.
#315462 by ChuckC
11 Oct 2005, 14:06
Enjoyed your TR, Ongen. Welcome aboard!

Chuck-