Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#238339 by Jonathan S
10 Oct 2005, 23:51
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Limo was 45 minutes late, resulting in a couple of calls from 'Upper Class Operations' apologising profusely. This was an issue as I was meeting a colleague in the CH before flying to Delhi for 3 hectic days of meetings. It was also an issue as I had a haircut booked on arrival (you may laugh but in 38 degree heat having over long hair IS an issue)...

Found 5k miles in my account on return. But I'd rather have good service than miles.

Drive-thru checking was perfect.

Straight to Club House, and first thought was 'it photographs better than it looks'. Felt cramped, and there was no where to sit. Grrr...

The Operations woman had phoned the CH to see if they could push the haircut back and it was all planned, until I got there. And it wasn't.

Had to be polite but 'open', and was soon in the seat. Great cut, brilliant people and nice service - and the head massage rocked too.

Went to bar, waited 5 minutes to be served as the two barstaff were talking to other pax. Not really good enough.

Went to smoking area, met colleagues and worked. Ordered drinks, order not understood. And not delivered. Seems that the staff are a bit new.

Food arrived but with no napkins and no cutlery. Still no water as ordered 20 minutes previously...

Oh well. Teething problems. Met the CH duty manager. Very nice.

Bordered about 30 minutes before departure - which was easy.

New A343 suite. One word. Outstanding. Stunning. Exciting (ok, that's three words). Repaired me from pretty crap CH experience.

Flight flawless, great crew, good wines (Sauvignon is particularly rocking) and a nice time at the bar.

First time with GNF service, but was actually not as bad as I thought (although the food was - if you know what I mean - still felt 'premium')

Slept for about 2 minutes and then consumed 4 sausages as I'm trying to lay of the bread. Very nice. Lots of espresso.

Really good flight - and completed a Hereos form for one of the Seniors.

Didn't see the FSM once on the flight.

But this was a far cry from the inbound (to be noted!).

Would write more, but shattered. Have posted new pics. Going back the week after next.
#315475 by David_Doyle
11 Oct 2005, 15:18
Thanks for this Jonathan ( and for the other report too ), very concise, detailed and to the point ( unlike my rambling efforts [:D])

Was this your first time on a suite equipped aircraft or is the A343 layout just very good? The pictures look good and I agree with other topics postings that the shorter cabin does give it a nicer look than the A346.

I have to agree that I'm not sure of the look of the new clubhouse... I wasn't a fan of the retro styling and bizarre seats in the old JFK clubhouse, hopefully Phase II will get rid of the lack of seating issue mentioned a few times previously.

David.
#315569 by andrewjh009
12 Oct 2005, 01:44
Any reason why you guys would want your haircut by Virgin personnel, arn't you a regular customer of someone in your local town or city, just seems strange to me even though it is a freeby.
#315571 by sky
12 Oct 2005, 02:49
Originally posted by andrewjh009
Any reason why you guys would want your haircut by Virgin personnel, arn't you a regular customer of someone in your local town or city, just seems strange to me even though it is a freeby.

No, after 2.5 years in London I failed to find someone I feel happy to give my repeat custom, so my new approach is going to try and get a haircut everytime I go through the clubhouse.

Currently the plan is mid november, end of february, end of march and mid may [:)]. They also do a good job there!

Cheers
sky
#315769 by Littlejohn
13 Oct 2005, 17:03
Originally posted by andrewjh009

Several reasons:
1) its one of the few times that I have a spare few minutes to get it cut.
2) I do not have to drive into town, and besides I not doing anything else important.
3) They do a fine job
4) I am a miser
Virgin Atlantic