Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#238567 by daveos1
22 Oct 2005, 19:48
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
The day finally arrived for my trip to see my mother in Ireland again. Arrived at LAX from LAS on Southwest about 3.5 hours before departure. Check-in area deserted and after a few security questions was issued with my boarding pass and invite to the Maple Leaf Lounge. Upstairs through security, priority for UCS pax working correctly and onto the lounge. Had the crab cakes and a glass of wine, crab cakes were nice. Priority boarding was working correctly and was quickly onboard and upstairs to suite 3K.
FSM introduced herself and preflight champers served. I changed into the sleep suit before takeoff.
Dinner was leek and potato soup followed by salmon with a nice glass of wine and ice cream for desert. As has been said here before VS isn't known for its food, but the VS service more than makes up for it.
Suite turned down and time to try and sleep. As a bed its a bit 'firm' but its flat ! Though I would try and sleep for a few hours, I had to be woken for breakfast as I was out. So the suite works......... ! Bacon roll and tea and we were down.
Picked up a Immigration Proirity Pass just in case. Parked on a remote stand so bussed into T3. Into Immigration, line for EC passports very long and slow, so out with my Canadian passport ( dual nationality )and through priority. Immigration officer asked why I wasn't using my Irish PP, I just pointed at the line.......enough said.
Off to revivals for a shower and tea, and then off to BMI for Dublin.
Overall a very enjoyable trip, VS cabin crew more than make up for the ok food. Upstairs suites very private, like being on a provate jet. Pity the VS8 is being changed to an A340.
Watch for the return LGW/LAS !
#316852 by ny
22 Oct 2005, 22:00
more info please[:)]
#316902 by JAT74L
23 Oct 2005, 18:40
Two very mysterious replies...

There Was A Problem

You do not have access to this forum

Why don't I have access to the link provided?

John
#316903 by preiffer
23 Oct 2005, 18:48
Originally posted by JAT74L
Why don't I have access to the link provided?
I'm equally confused by the replies, but I can shed some light on this particular issue - it's a link to the Las Vegas social forum. Those that are attending have access to it for hotel booking/flight info, etc.

Of course, there's still time to come along... [;)]
#316907 by JAT74L
23 Oct 2005, 18:54
Oh I WISH Paul....

The closer it gets the more I regret not talking Mrs T into letting me go! [V]

Theres always next time! [:)]

Regards

John
#316912 by Scrooge
23 Oct 2005, 19:41
Sorry,that was my bad[:I],I forgot that forum is only for the people that will be attending the Vegas get toegether/p%#@ up[:D]

Of course as Paul said there is still time to to get invovled and as Dave (imposter[:D]) lives in Vegas I figured he may be interested,I also PM'd him.
Virgin Atlantic