Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#238603 by daveos1
25 Oct 2005, 20:25
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Trip back to Ireland was finally over, and after 2 night stop in London to see some friends it was time to head home to LAS. Arrived at LGW on the Gatwick Express and was checked in quickly. Off through security, no Fast Track today and into the Clubhouse.

The Clubhouse wasn't too busy and after a bacon sarnie and a pot of tea it was boarding time. Priority boarding was working correctly and soon I was in suite 7A with bubbly in hand. Push back on time and down to the end of the taxiway, at which time we turned back ! Turns out the wrong cargo was loaded and we had to re load and re-fuel. This took nearly 2 hours. The wait was made better by both the captain and the FSM having a wicked sense of humor. Thanks to the FSM ( from Cork, Ireland with the accent and humor of Graham Norton ! ).

Wheels up 2 hours late and off to Vegas. OK...... avoid the steak ! I have had better food in the military ( thats not yesterday ) and I wasn't even an officer ! Rest of flight comfortable and into Vegas to a deserted Immigration hall. INS efficient and through.... !

Overall both flights enjoyable and comfortable. VS need to do something about the food, but the cabin crews are the best !

Will try and make some V-Flyer events in LAS, dont know my scheduele yet.
#317127 by buns
25 Oct 2005, 20:46
Dave

Thanks for the TR[y]

avoid the steak ! I have had better food in the military

It does seem that the catering can be a bit hit and miss at the moment[:?][:?]
#317150 by honey lamb
25 Oct 2005, 23:04
Thanks to the FSM ( from Cork, Ireland with the accent and humor of Graham Norton ! ).

Coo, I hope we get that FSM on one of our flights. It will be like home from home! [y]
#317503 by catsilversword
29 Oct 2005, 09:15
Originally posted by daveos1
Trip back to Ireland was finally over, and after 2 night stop in London to see some friends it was time to head home to LAS. Arrived at LGW on the Gatwick Express and was checked in quickly. Off through security, no Fast Track today and into the Clubhouse.

The Clubhouse wasn't too busy and after a bacon sarnie and a pot of tea it was boarding time. Priority boarding was working correctly and soon I was in suite 7A with bubbly in hand. Push back on time and down to the end of the taxiway, at which time we turned back ! Turns out the wrong cargo was loaded and we had to re load and re-fuel. This took nearly 2 hours. The wait was made better by both the captain and the FSM having a wicked sense of humor. Thanks to the FSM ( from Cork, Ireland with the accent and humor of Graham Norton ! ).

Wheels up 2 hours late and off to Vegas. OK...... avoid the steak ! I have had better food in the military ( thats not yesterday ) and I wasn't even an officer ! Rest of flight comfortable and into Vegas to a deserted Immigration hall. INS efficient and through.... !

Overall both flights enjoyable and comfortable. VS need to do something about the food, but the cabin crews are the best !

Will try and make some V-Flyer events in LAS, dont know my scheduele yet.
#317504 by catsilversword
29 Oct 2005, 09:18
I flew the same route on 12th October, and was bemused by the number of 'meal opportunities', also the fact than an announcement was made along the lines of 'stopping serving alcohol now, so we have enough for the return flight'! Does the flight not re-load at Vegas? Unlike many people here, I tend to fly only humbly, in PE (you can all spit on me now, but guidelines on upgrading would be most welcome!) I have to say I found it a less comfortable flight both ways, could this be down to the plane model? Additionally, had to fly in the downstairs cabin on the way home (sigh) and got the distinct impression that there was less room. Anyone know if this is fact or my imagination?
#317511 by Littlejohn
29 Oct 2005, 10:04
No body here is going to spit on you for flying PE cat (or flame you, or shout at you, or be rude, or treat you with disrespect - its a friendly place[:X]). I have been paying for PE for ages and then throwing miles at getting to the front of the plane. So PE Works for me. Besides, if your in PE on a 747, I believe you will find it is very hard for peaople in UC to spit all the way up those stairs.

I do not know about the re-loading in Vegas - I guess if grog is more expensive there then they will load booze for both legs in the UK. I have certainly come across inbound tipples being rationed due to over enthuiasm outbound before, but that was LHR-PVG.

As to upgrades, if you look here I think you should find all the info you need. Also at the top of this page there is a small search button (the one next to private messages) which will bring up all sorts of threads of interest. The one thing that does the trick on free upgrades is that little piece of virgin gold in your pocket (ie status in FC).

Thanks for joining up - I really does help Pix and his cabin crew keep this mine of info running.
#317517 by catsilversword
29 Oct 2005, 12:18
Many thanks sailor, both for the link (which is now firmly in my favourites for future reference) and for your welcome.
#317523 by ChuckC
29 Oct 2005, 13:34
Daveos,
Thanks for your report and we surely hope to see you in Vegas. The group is gathering at the Stratosphere; please be in touch if you can join us.

Sailor99,

Besides, if your in PE on a 747, I believe you will find it is very hard for peaople in UC to spit all the way up those stairs.

... Have to say that I found this to be one of the funniest comments I've read on the Forum![:D]

Chuck-
Virgin Atlantic