Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#319222 by RichardMannion
15 Nov 2005, 00:47
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Originally posted by sailor99
Cant wait to see the pic of LRoM and Mcuth in bed
Which cinema is that on at then?

It won't be at a cinema, it is an Apple ITunes exclusive - Paul has details...

Thanks,
Richard
#319223 by derby_dave
15 Nov 2005, 00:53
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Cant wait to see the pic of LRoM and Mcuth in bed
Which cinema is that on at then?

It won't be at a cinema, it is an Apple ITunes exclusive - Paul has details...

N'aw! Didn't involve a college. [:0]

D.
#319236 by mcuth
15 Nov 2005, 01:49
Excellent TR Sarah, thanks - me still ROTFLMAO [:)]

Originally posted by HighFlyer
I thought I would do a trip report for the return leg of the Vegas social as nobody seems to have done that yet.

Does this mean the rest of us don't have to do one now? [:D]

The flight had been delayed from its usual 16.30 departure time, not that it made any difference to our group who were gladly drinking the bar dry of its Blue Curacao!

Not to mention that they'd ordered an extra bottle, just for us [:D]

No sooner had I heard the 'bing' from the seatbelt sign, I saw Mcuth & Preiffer running past me (gleefully i might add!) to grab a seat at the bar.

ROTFL - fastest I've moved in ages [:D]

It was around this point that a photo opportunity arose as Mcuth got into the double suite and cuddled up to (a not too amused) LRoM, sadly the photo didn't come out

OMG - I don't remember that - but that's hilarious! Shame the pic didn't turn out [:(]

Originally posted by preiffer
To be fair, I didn't dare stop - momentum would have killed me [:0][:p]

LOL - I'm glad you're learning that it's never a good idea to get between me & the bar [;)][:D]

Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
and above all THE WONDERFUL STAFF create an upscale and welcoming environment.

I'm pleased to say that despite the recent outsourcing, and only recognising one member of staff, the legendary service in the CH remains - the staff were superb (even if our favourites aren't there any more *sniff*) [y][y] (check-in is a different story though.....)

Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
but one of the last ones is being vaguely aware of a host of camera flashes, as I was having very pleasant dreams down the back in the 'non-pointy bit'.

Ummm, ok, 'fess up time - it wasn't just LRoM [:#][:#][:I][:I]

Originally posted by VS045
Now the question that has got to be asked...after that trip to the CH and the bar, how many of you can actually remember what happened?[}:)][;)][:p]!!!

Yeah, good question [:D]
I definitely remember being sat at the bar for a long time, running through Y to get back during the turbulence (and bashing my knee on an ottoman in J on the way through), not quite sure if I ate anything apart from the chocolate pyramid and breakfast though...(maybe it's a good job I still have the menu to see if that'll jog the memory) [:D]

Cheers

Michael
#319342 by Scrooge
15 Nov 2005, 20:41
VS020 SFO Ð LHR
12th November 2005
UCS Seat 15G

Check-in opened and one by one we all grabbed our boarding passes and headed off to the SFO Clubhouse. Myself, Buns4vs & LRoM were all booked into PE and set about trying to secure seats in UC. After being relieved of a few miles, LRoM and I had a nice purple boarding pass to our name (Buns had his confirmed in the CH).

So were the upgrades 20k each? or did VS cut you a deal seeing as there were so many V-Flyers on the flight?...im guessing not..but 40k miles,best reason to spend that many miles LRoM
#319409 by buns
15 Nov 2005, 23:56
Highflyer

Thanks for making sure a true version of events was posted first[:D]

It does capture everything (well almost[;)]) of what transpired on that historic flight and thanks must go to Jetstreamer and all his collegues for providing such sterling service to us all - especially under the demanding conditions[:I][:I][:I]

originally posted by jetwet1
So were the upgrades 20k each?

You bet they were - the 20K had gone from my account before I had time to finish my blue drink[ii][ii] That said, it was the best 20K I have ever spent[y][y]

buns
#319415 by Littlejohn
16 Nov 2005, 00:10
Originally posted by buns4vs
(well almost[;)])

Perhaps you could fill in the 'almosts' for all of us green eyed people who stayed at home.[;)]
#319418 by preiffer
16 Nov 2005, 00:15
Perhaps you could fill in the 'almosts' for all of us green eyed people who stayed at home.[;)]
What goes mid-atlantic, stays mid-atlantic... [:w]
#319421 by honey lamb
16 Nov 2005, 00:24
Originally posted by buns4vs
(well almost[;)])

Yes, especially as we were the ones who minded the house while you were away [}:)]
#319429 by fozzyo
16 Nov 2005, 00:43
I'm with Honey Lamb on this! [:)]

Mind you I'm still in shock from finding out Jetstreamer is a boy, all this time I thought he was a girl. My apologies!

Mat xxx
#319438 by HighFlyer
16 Nov 2005, 01:29
Thank-you all for the kind comments [:D]

This flight was definately one to go down in history, probably the most fun flight i have had in a long, long time. Oh - and Iain and I didnt get to do our Amarillo send-up onboard - so thats on the list for the next trip [:D]

I was sat at work today thinking 'damn i wish i were still in Vegas!!! hehe' ... so roll on the next trip!!

Now the question that has got to be asked...after that trip to the CH and the bar, how many of you can actually remember what happened?

I *think* i remember the whole evening, apart from bits i missed when i was either asleep or not at the bar (which was the hive of activity ) I tell you, i have never known a West Coast flight go so quickly! Pretty much the whole journey was giggle a minute [:D]

I wouldn't describe myself as 'mincing' about though!

Oh yeah?? Hehe .. sorry Jason ... well, i was cetainly mincing ... and weebling .. and staggering .. and thats when i wasnt laughing my head of at certain antics [:D] Oh - and guess what i have been drinking at home lately [:p]

So were the upgrades 20k each?

Yep, and as Buns pointed out, best 20k miles i have ever spent!

It does capture everything (well almost) of what transpired on that historic flight

Can't think what you mean [:o)][:o)]

What goes mid-atlantic, stays mid-atlantic...

Damn right!!! [y]
#319445 by onionz
16 Nov 2005, 02:57

I wouldn't describe myself as 'mincing' about though!

Oh yeah?? Hehe .. sorry Jason ... well, i was cetainly mincing ... and weebling .. and staggering .. and thats when i wasnt laughing my head of at certain antics [:D] Oh - and guess what i have been drinking at home lately [:p]

OK, no worries, just wanted to clarify on the whole mincing aspect... [:D] And I need to know more about 'weebling'!! It sounds like it might describe what you were doing but I can't be sure!!

Go easy on the bedtime milky drinks! It's all too easy to over-indulge now, and having nothing left for your cornflakes in the morning [:)]
#319447 by mcuth
16 Nov 2005, 03:46
Originally posted by onionz
And I need to know more about 'weebling'!!

Sheesh, youngsters [;)]! Weebles are classic kids toys - 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down' (one of my tricks too [:D]) - seems like they're still being made [:D][;)]

Cheers

Michael
#319448 by onionz
16 Nov 2005, 04:11
It's a silly place where the fun never ends...

Yes, I think we were weebling.
#319471 by HighFlyer
16 Nov 2005, 12:19
Weebles are classic kids toys

Damn right! I had Weebles - and i cannot look at a rotund oerson in the street without thinking of the 'weebles wobble but they dont fall down' tume!! [:I]

Yes, I think we were weebling.

hehehe ... just a little [:D]

Go easy on the bedtime milky drinks!

Hey, i picked up two bottles of Mint infused Baileys at the aiport - you *must* try it - delicious!!

Jason, i just noticed that you (and Michael) are posting at 3am ... you either are really jet-lagged, have an internet addiction ... or are in need of more bedtime milky drinks!! [:D][:D] hehe
#319474 by fozzyo
16 Nov 2005, 12:33
Hey, i picked up two bottles of Mint infused Baileys at the aiport - you *must* try it - delicious!!

Jason, i just noticed that you (and Michael) are posting at 3am ... you either are really jet-lagged, have an internet addiction ... or are in need of more bedtime milky drinks!! hehe

Dean makes a killer Chocolate Mint Martini ... its like drinking an After Eight mint!

Internet addiction - easy test for this. When you check your e-mail and it says you have non, do you immediately check again because you must have some.

Mat xxx
#319482 by HighFlyer
16 Nov 2005, 13:29
Dean makes a killer Chocolate Mint Martini ... its like drinking an After Eight mint!

Recipie please!!! I'll share my Chocolate Orange recipie in return LOL [:D]

Internet addiction - easy test for this. When you check your e-mail and it says you have non, do you immediately check again because you must have some.

None? What do you mean ... there's always the emails offering you various medical pharmaceuticals, online degrees, enlargements and telling me i have won something! [:D]
#319483 by preiffer
16 Nov 2005, 13:31
[brthere's always the emails offering you various medical pharmaceuticals, online degrees, enlargements and telling me i have won something! [:D]
And there was me thinking everyone deletes the ones I send out... [:I][:p]
#319485 by onionz
16 Nov 2005, 13:37

mmm...minty creaminess...you're right, I must try that, right now! [^]

Jason, i just noticed that you (and Michael) are posting at 3am ... you either are really jet-lagged, have an internet addiction ... or are in need of more bedtime milky drinks!! [:D][:D] hehe

I'm jetlagged most of the time, irrespective of whether I've been away or not! I sleep all evening, awake from 11pm to about 3am, then desperately try to sleep. It's a sad state of affairs, but I think guzzling loads of minty baileys would fix it. I'm having a huge alcohol withdrawal problem this week, the shakes, the depression, the whole lot!

Soon off to lunch for a quick fix...[}:)]
#319486 by onionz
16 Nov 2005, 13:40
Originally posted by fozzyo

I want one of those!

Are you spying on me? [:D][:D]
#319489 by mcuth
16 Nov 2005, 13:42
Damn right! I had Weebles - and i cannot look at a rotund oerson in the street without thinking of the 'weebles wobble but they dont fall down' tume!! [:I]

Oh gee, thanks [;)]

Yes to all those - and I'm not well either [:(]

Originally posted by fozzyo

Oh bugger - that's another addiction to add to the list then [:D]

Cheers

Michael
#319491 by preiffer
16 Nov 2005, 13:43
I'm jetlagged most of the time, irrespective of whether I've been away or not! I sleep all evening, awake from 11pm to about 3am, then desperately try to sleep.
Hmmph. Students. [ii]
#319492 by Littlejohn
16 Nov 2005, 13:47
[brthere's always the emails offering you various medical pharmaceuticals, online degrees, enlargements and telling me i have won something! [:D]
And there was me thinking everyone deletes the ones I send out... [:I][:p]

Delete valuable information like this - no! After all, the enlargement ones really do work....so I am told[:I]
#319494 by onionz
16 Nov 2005, 13:50
I'm jetlagged most of the time, irrespective of whether I've been away or not! I sleep all evening, awake from 11pm to about 3am, then desperately try to sleep.
Hmmph. Students. [ii]

Of course I'm not a student, I only act like one. That does mean I can now slag them off like everyone else does as soon as they stop being one! [:D]
#319609 by iforres1
16 Nov 2005, 22:24
What goes mid-atlantic, stays mid-atlantic... [:w]

Thank you for that Paul. Now what hand signals was that now[:w]
#319612 by iforres1
16 Nov 2005, 22:29
Sarah,

Thanks for filling in a few of the blanks on this flight[:I]

Iain
Virgin Atlantic