Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#319613 by preiffer
16 Nov 2005, 22:30
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Originally posted by iforres1
Thank you for that Paul. Now what hand signals was that now[:w]
Oh, MAN - I'd forgotten ALL about those!

Well reminded, Iain. Must find a suitable caption for the photo gallery. Hmm...

Weren't they along these lines...? [:p] (I DID try finding an Australian version)

[img]http://people.bu.edu/hipstomp/swat2.jpg[/img]
#319616 by iforres1
16 Nov 2005, 22:42
Paul,

Brilliant, so much so I just spilt my whisky and ginger.

Classic

Iain
#319646 by Jetstreamer
17 Nov 2005, 02:20
Originally posted by fozzyo
Mind you I'm still in shock from finding out Jetstreamer is a boy, all this time I thought he was a girl. My apologies!

Mat xxx

Mat, you are not alone as Southern Belle thought I was a girl as well [:0]

I must go back and check my previous posts to see what leads to people to this conclusion [?][:?]
#319690 by Scrooge
17 Nov 2005, 12:15
seeing as this was an SFO flight I feel the need to give you guys and girls some advice..

when trying to tell if a woman is a woman or a man,look at the hands,adams apple and if worst comes to worst..check out the profile

btw hi MARC[:D]
#319700 by mike-smashing
17 Nov 2005, 13:18
Originally posted by Jetstreamer
Mat, you are not alone as Southern Belle thought I was a girl as well [:0]

I must go back and check my previous posts to see what leads to people to this conclusion [?][:?]

You're using the same name as one of VS' aircraft.

Aircraft are commonly given female monikers (I think almost all of VS aircraft have female names, for example), or referred to in the female gender.

I think that's how we subliminally make the 'Jetstreamer = girl' connection. Ooops.

Cheers,
Mike
#321086 by mcuth
29 Nov 2005, 22:21
Originally posted by mcuth
not quite sure if I ate anything apart from the chocolate pyramid and breakfast though...(maybe it's a good job I still have the menu to see if that'll jog the memory) [:D]

Well, I've been going through a pile of stuff still to sort out from the trip and I just looked over the menu again - nothing seems to spring to mind apart from the above (and Jetstreamer - I definitely had the chocolate pyramid, didn't I? [:D]) [:I]

Something else I forgot to mention though - as I entered the SFO CH, I was passed an envelope - it was a lovely note from Claire to the party, telling us to have a wonderful time and sink plenty of blue drinks (us? Surely not [:D]). I thought this was a very nice gesture, and really shows why she's so well thought of around these parts [y][y]

Cheers

Michael
#321444 by mike-smashing
02 Dec 2005, 01:24
Okay, pedant time... there seems to be some confusion which 744 you got for the 'party bus', from looking at the pics.

Sarah says that the aircraft was 'Tubular Belle' - G-VHOT, and she's right.

Some people seem to think you were on G-VBIG 'Tinker Belle'.

I checked the LHR movements page for the 13th, and you were definitely on 'HOT'...

VIR020 GVHOT B744 KSFO 1030 342 27L

I think the large outbound mob, on the VS19 on the 5th Nov, were on G-VBIG, because that was the aircraft I came back from SFO on the same day.

If you're wondering what BIG was doing on the morning of the 13th, she came in on the VS46, and went out to SFO on the VS19.

If you look at mcuth's picture, you'll also notice that the aircraft has a 'Backing the Bid' sticker, where BIG still has the 'Love at first flight' tagline, and never Backed the Bid (sic).

...pedantry ends... [:D]

I particularly like this pic - is Mcuth trying to pick up the blue lagoon, or Sarah?

Mike
#321455 by mcuth
02 Dec 2005, 07:26
Originally posted by mike-smashing
If you look at mcuth's picture, you'll also notice that the aircraft has a 'Backing the Bid' sticker, where BIG still has the 'Love at first flight' tagline, and never Backed the Bid (sic).

I just checked my original high-res version of that one - you're right, of course [:I][:I] Thanks for pointing that out - I must've been confused by the Belles - pics should be changed now [:)]

I particularly like this pic - is Mcuth trying to pick up the blue lagoon, or Sarah?

LOL - it's a tough decision, but the force is strong in the alcohol [;)]

Cheers

Michael
Virgin Atlantic