Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#238878 by JAT74L
14 Nov 2005, 14:44
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Drove down the evening before and stayed in the Hilton at MAN. Check in and security next morning was a breeze compared to LHR or LGW and we were airside in no time at all.

At around 0900 an announcement was made for the VS077 pasengers to go to the seating area at gate 204 which we did. As this was the 'inaugural' Manchester - Barbados flight a champagne reception was being held which was a nice touch.

Disabled pax were boarded first with Upper and PE following close behind. Took our previously selected 79 A&C and had (another!) glass of bubbles before takeoff.
Captain Sleeman came onto the PA in a cheery fashion with a Gooooood morning and welome! Advised flight time was 7h39. We were away from a very sunny Manchester around the 1100 mark and out over Liverpool then Cork and the Atlantic.

Flight was perfect in all respects, we both had the mushroom risotto which was fine and were looked after well by an attentive and happy crew. There were only a couple of spare seats upstairs but economy was quite empty by comparison.

Arrived into a very wet BGI and exited the plane first. Bags came off very quickly and we were out of the terminal and on the bus within 20 mins. I think that's a record for the Caribbean!

I could not fault any aspect of this flight - it was spot on.

Now, if only this damn sun would come out![8D]

Regards

John
#319106 by Nottingham Nick
14 Nov 2005, 14:57
Thanks for the first MAN-BGI TR, John .... made on the first MAN-BGI flight... it doesn't get any quicker than that [:D][8D]

Really pleased that you had a good flight, especially after the traumas of the Bahamas.

Hope the sun shines of you soon, as well [;)]

Nick
#319107 by Littlejohn
14 Nov 2005, 15:04
Thanks for the TR.

I looked up the weather forecast, hoping to give you some good news. I think I better shut up at that point though[:#]
#319122 by JO5H777
14 Nov 2005, 17:42
thanks for the TR i'm travelling from MAN-BGI in april however in economy hope to still have a good flight though!
[:D]
#319132 by JO5H777
14 Nov 2005, 18:57
what aircraft did you travel on please? anyone else know this info plz!
#319472 by dazbo5
16 Nov 2005, 12:21
what aircraft did you travel on please? anyone else know this info plz!

Aircrft was 'Jersey Girl' G-VGAL

Darren
#319477 by JAT74L
16 Nov 2005, 13:09
Quite correct Dazbo it was G-VGAL, sorry for missing that out! You don't happen to know the reg of the US Airways 330 that operated the MAN - Philadelphia service on Sunday 13th do you?? I have a shot of it at the gate but can't remember the reg...[:I]

Regards

John

(Still no sun)[:#]
#319605 by iforres1
16 Nov 2005, 22:16
John,

Have a great holiday. Glad the flight out was [y].

look forward to the return.

Iain
#319705 by JAT74L
17 Nov 2005, 14:23
Amazing. I was looking out of the window at all the photographers and spotters at MAN that day thinking what a great day it was to be out with the camera (and not stuck upstairs on this 744[;)]!) As the nose came up I could see a couple of people who were in a great position for a rotation shot. One of those must have been you Darren!!

Iain, the sun has came out at last and the Escape Hotel isn't bad at all but it's not quite Galley Bay!

Regards

John
#319724 by dazbo5
17 Nov 2005, 16:36
As the nose came up I could see a couple of people who were in a great position for a rotation shot. One of those must have been you Darren!!

It's always difficult judging were the 744 will rotate compared to the 743/2, especially in cold weather. I think I judge last sunday to perfection though! It probably was me that you saw, about 50m infront of the main crowd (there were about 10 photographers all together).

I'm glad the sun has come out in Barbados, it's not bad in the north-west today either. Bright blue skies. I bet it's warmer where you are though, only upto 5 degrees where I've been today!

Darren
#320225 by virgingirl
21 Nov 2005, 19:39
hi john
hope you enjoyed barbados, look forward to hearing more about your hotel, the sandridge was very nice!Can't believe how empty the flights were especially coming back, all the touches were very nice on the outbound, ie the bubbly etc!The cabin manager told me it was the first time the pilot had landed a 747-400 coming home(FOR REAL, BUT MANY TIMES IN A SIM, SHE SAID AND HE HAD BEEN FLYING FOR YEARS)thought he did a sterling job!
jetlag kicking in a bit, regards,V.G.
#320227 by JAT74L
21 Nov 2005, 19:56
You know something, I thought the landing was a bit heavy this morning! Glad you enjoyed Sandridge... Escape wasn't up to par. Some folks we were speaking to from our place went up to yours for the afternoon and dinner one day and said it was much better.

Oh well...

Regards

John
Virgin Atlantic