Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#238945 by andrew.m.wright
16 Nov 2005, 18:39
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
After 10 days in the Florida sunshine that had seen perfect blue skies and temperatures in the high 80's [:D] with little or no humidity, it was time for the long trek back to the UK [:$]

Things started badly on Monday evening whilst trying to use OLCI, and in fact were a sign of things to come. On accessing the OLCI, I found that my seat allocation at the rear of the aircraft had been moved, and replaced with a seat towards the front [^] Then the whole thing died a death with the message 'Please ceck in at the Airport'.

A call to the Call Centre failed to sort the problem with the seat allocation or Check In [:(]

So Tuesday morning, made my way to Downtown Disney for around 10.30am to be greeted by a huge line waiting to Check In.

It's times like this that I'm glad to have the Silver Card, so headed for the Premium Economy Line which was empty. Was quickly security checked, and then on to the next available Agent [:D]

The Agent took one look at the E Ticket, and replied 'You shouldn't be using this Check In, Premium only' - 'I replied that Silver Card holders were allowed to use the Premium Economy Check In' - She replied 'That's a new one on me'.

I'm prepared to eat humble pie if this isn't available at Downtown Disney [:#] Perhaps someone can confirm this [y]

The Agent continued to check me in, and then said, 'I don't think you're on the flight, I can find a reservation for you' [n]

A whole lot of computer searching followed, and then she said 'You're already checked in, have you used OLCI' [}:)] Told the story again.

30 minutes later I was on the way back to the hotel at long last $5 lighter in fees [:(] It's interesting to note that everyone around me had a free voucher from Virgin Holidays.

Arrived at the Airport at just after 3PM, with little or no wait at the TSA checks I was at Outback Steak House soon after enjoying lunch.

Flight called on time at just after 5PM, and made my way down the jetway to my seat (55H) to discover that the IFE Control Panel was missing out of the seat, and located on the floor [:o)]

Waited till everyone was seated, and asked the FA if it could be sorted. She dissapered for gaffer tape, but came back with none, and promised to find me another seat.

This she did, and surprise, surprise, ended up in my orginal seat at the rear that had been removed at OLCI [?]

Left Orlando ahead of schedule to the south for the 7 hours 33 minute flight to London.

Settled down to watch the IFE which didn't work [V] To be fair the lovely FA did everything she could to get it too work, which it did after 2 re - boots and 2 hours into the flight.

Dinner arrived shortly after the drinks round. The Beef Stew was nice, as was the Salad starter. There's also a mini bottle of water included with the meal as well now.

That was the only drinks round, and if you wanted anything else, a trip to the Gallery was required. In fairness in the Gallery there was a supply of ORange Juice, and Water.

Managed to grab a couple of hours sleep, before brealfast which consisted of a Muffin, and Fruit Salad.

Landed at Gatwick some 15 minutes early, and was out in under 40 minutes, and heading for the Car Park.

All in all a good if bumpy flight - I just wish the IFE could be sorted - the last 3 Virgin flights I've taken have all had problems [:w]

Does anyone know a good source for portable DVD players ?
#319554 by AlanA
16 Nov 2005, 19:11
Which IFE system was it? Odyssey or Vauxhall Nova?