Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#239264 by slinky09
04 Dec 2005, 10:46
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
At short notice had to visit Virginia for meetings and booked out on VS21 and back on VS2 on 1st Dec. So 48hrs in the US, about half of which was spent travelling!

Check in at LHR was very slow on Wednesday, not sure why but everyone checking in ahead of me seemed to required 10 mins of dealing with. OLCI was similarly slow, one person I saw arrive same time as me then got his bags dropped about the same time I got through. Agents friendly though. Didn't have much time for the CH so whizzed through for a drink and a little quiet before boarding. UC full, PE nearly full and Econ about 50% full on the plane, good for Virgin in filling the premium cabins but what about loads in the back (on the return it was similarly full more later).

IFE system was in a bad state, no sky map, lots of static on the screens, saw it was the same in all PE seats but watched The Business and really enjoyed most of it. Crew were good, lots of drinks services though the food seemed to have gone down hill from my last PE flight. Seats on the plane (not sure which but had UCS) were the old style PE and I do favour them for comfort. New style seats are so hard!

Anyhow, a reasonable flight and touched down on time.

Isn't Dulles a mad airport! I've never gone through it before - the last time I visited Washington came into Baltimore. Those weird bus things ... there's no point being off first is there by the time the bus leaves half of Economy are ahead of you ... but actually got through very quickly, had a charming immigration lady and bags off very quickly, all in all about 20mins from deboarding to exiting the airport.

A short report with apologies. To much to do and to little time.