Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#254589 by baloobear
27 May 2008, 12:52
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
First time in UC for a while and went like a dream - booked as a reward flight and definitely worth the use of points.

Did online check in, then caught the HEX to Heathrow (free first class) which was as efficient as ever. First thing that struck me was what a change to Terminal 3 and Zone A - light and airy, loads of Virgin Staff to hand and all with smiles - beats the rest of the check in areas hands down.

Straight to UC Check In, no messing around and checked in by a smashing cheery lady who clearly could see I was excited about the whole UC trip - commending me on my early arrival to enjoy all the facilities. [:I] Straight up in the lift and through the magic door to the private security channel - which is great - no mess and no fuss. The arrival zone for those coming by CDC looked great as well, and a very calm oasis. Stupidly thought that I would be spat out at the entrance to the clubhouse [:w]so trawled my way through a very busy T3 to the lounge.

And what a lounge it was - fantastic! Time to kill so had a great breakfast and a bucks fizz in the restaurant, along with fruits from the deli - great attentive staff and lots of smiles and joking which was great. All too soon time for shave treatment at the Cowshed - and again was looked after really well.

Flight was called and it was quite a hike to the gate (42 i think) and no priority boarding which was a bit frustrating - however staff saw the UC entourage and pulled them forward which was a nice touch.

All I can say is once onboard the fabulous service on ground continued in the air - all the crew were fantastic, and really looked after me - lots of food, lots of wine (a very nice Gruner Veltliner) and a very nice main of Lamb. Starter was disappointing due to my allergy of fish, and there was no alternative [:(!] Flight was relatively empty in all classes, so perhaps why we got so much attention. One gripe was the Senior Cabin Crew assigned to manage UC was not at all visible, in fact was a complete lazy bones - think I saw him twice on the whole trip - even the other cabin crew were commenting.

Sat back and watched a couple of films on the old system, which I hate as you have to wait for the films to come back on - all very annoying (especially as they started half way through). However, FSM was very visible in UC and soon sorted the problem out.

Soon landed in Chicago, promptly off the plane and into the most spotless and queuefree immigration I have ever seen (Miami learn from this!!) through within 10 minutes of landing and actually waiting for bags.

All in all a fantastic flight - well done all!