Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#873996 by sgilly74
29 May 2014, 10:42
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
We were looking forward to this journey as this holiday was our 1st time flying PE, outward journey - see other Trip Report.

We boarded with no problems, no delays, and were seated upstairs.

First impressions were great, I really like this quiet, small cabin, ideal for a night flight, was a a bit concerned that a guy in front row of economy seats upstairs was a bit loud when we were boarding, however he remained quiet through the flight.

We got our glass of bucks fizz and settled in for our night flight hoping to get some sleep, i think most PAX upstairs had the same idea as the cabin was very peaceful all night, apart from the lady in front of me that insisted on keeping her overhead light on for the whole flight, even though she wasn't reading (she was actually watching the flight map the whole journey - very strange, the light got on my nerves a bit but not totally annoying.

The meal was unfortunately not up to par, the option was beef stew (type thing), chicken malaysa or pasta, I chose the beef only to be told they had run out so I opted for the chicken, my husband chose the pasta. The chicken was ok, not particularly outstanding, more like a low range frozen meal from Iceland, my husband said the past wasn't nice, too salty and over-cooked. Desert was a cheesecake type thing, I didn't eat this as I don't really eat sweet things, my husband said it was just ok, nothing special....

We settled in for the night, tried to get as much sleep as we could (did more reading on my kindle than sleeping!!)

Time for breakfast....this unfortunately turned out to be the worst tasting air-craft meal I have ever tasted...I chose the version without the bacon, which consisted of scramble egg type thing, mushroom (yes ONE mushroom!!) a potato rosti thing and a few beans (they were described as "baked beans") erm no I dont think so, I've never tasted anything so bad.... I had only 3 mouthfuls of this meal and finished, it really was horrible, my husband said his was equally as bad. I would have been ashamed as staff to serve this as a meal.

As I said In my previous flight report, I have now decided to take my own snacks on board, fill up on a large meal before flight and take some sandwiches or pasta with me - hopefully the staff won't mind.

Overall the flight was good, I definitely liked being upstairs and would certainly chose these seats again.

Sadly Baggage handling at LGW kept us waiting for 45mins for our cases, not really great after a long night flight, I think improvements are needed here. :(!