Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#908356 by Eggtastico
09 Aug 2015, 17:32
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Can't remember much after taking in the refreshments at the No1 Lounge (I pre-booked these well in advance for £15 each! Drank my monies worth!).
Flight was full.
VA Service was great throughout. The plane entertainment system in this day & age really needs a massive overhaul imo. Its age is showing in being clunky & unresponsive. The screens are also of poor quality. In this day & age, it is well below par & I would be better off with some sort of Universal mount that would allow me to bring my own device & mount it on the seat in front at eye level.

Service from Staff was superior - I think this was mainly to a guy in the next isle over - Cabin Staff done all they could to keep him happy & I managed to catch their eye for another top up each time they serviced him. I did wonder if he was someone semi famous or something, but once we left the plane, I managed to see he had a gold status bag tag on his carry on bag & my missus told me that he got bumped from upper class (during boarding we got separated & he boarded in front of her).

Food was excellent. Probably best I have had on a plane.
I had Piri Piri Chicken, Berry Cheesecake & a side salad.
Later on we was also given a snack - which was a chicken & bacon wrap.
I got a menu photo somewhere on my phone - along with a pic of the food when it was served.

The time went by quite quickly. I watched Get Hard (Will Ferrell) & Paddington. Enjoyed some nice views over Cape Cod & Quincy. Loved how many of the properties lived directly on the wateredge, some even having their own Pier & Mooring!

On landing, we collected our bags easy enough & then got to immigration where a few planes from the Middle East & India Sub-Continent & Far East had landed minutes before us. There was a long queue, but luckily we got ushered through the same system US Nationals use & then proceeded to border control for the usual finger prints & questions. Made our way outside & we got on a bus for the start of our journey that involved trains, planes & automobiles......