Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#909554 by Sunseeker
05 Sep 2015, 22:34
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Hi this is my first travel report so here goes

Seats booked in the Virgin Easter sale 2015 found it to be cheaper to fly upper class to Orlando via JFK than fly direct from lgw in premium .

So after booking a cab to use the dtci 2weeks before and told to phone the day before for vehicle reg to give to dtci when I phoned cab company to be be told oh no we can't give that until the morning of pick up and as I was arriving at 0630 and only live 20 mins from lhr no good to me.so a few phone calls later found a cab company that would let me know by 1800 and they did and £5 cheaper than original cab company.

So the Saturday morning arrived and pick up on time driver had never done dtci when I explained to the driver what we need to do his reply was just tell me what you need and I will do it.he was very impressed by dtci think it might be to do with no traffic wardens telling him to hurry up.

So off we went to check in quickly done and from arrival to clubhouse max of 15 mins

Travelling with my brother and his 2 boys aged 18 and 14 we all had a very nice breakfast 2 clubhouse breakfast 1 eggs Benedict and a vey salad everyone had there fill

Something I find very strange is that you have free food drinks and treatments but you have to give in your boarding pass to play a game off pool.

So approx 0900 fly announce ready for us to board and walked straight onto the plane
Plane was dancing queen a340-600 I was in the middle row and noticed now air vents in middle row and I like to have a bit of air flow on me during flights so will bear that it mind for next time.
Once seated drinks and papers offered and welcomed onto the flight and departed on time.

So settled down flying time approx 7hrs 30mins.
I did find the drinks shelf got in the way of my left shoulder but once the entertainment system was used to watch American sniper another drinks shelf appeared.

I am not a great lover of aircraft food and when I have been down the other end of the plane I have turned down the food as the smell makes me feel unwell.but this was not the case in upper.

Food selection has been posted many times so won't bore you with that.

Plenty of drinks and attentive cc ago what looked to be a full upper cabin.

Later came afternoon ice cream then later followed by the sandwich and cakes

And before long we were landing at JFK approx 15 mins late

Now I would just like to thank everyone who posted about the orange pass for quick immigration for transfering to another flight taking off if within 2hrs off touchdown as by the time we touched down we had about 1hr40mins before our delta flight left for Orlando

All though this was mentioned while taxing to the stand didn't see anybody at the gate with the passes but we sorted it ourselves and we seen at immigration straight away then the fun begun not the greatest of signage at JFK drop the bags off at delta just outside customs hall and was aimed I the direction to go . When we went upstairs and we where looking were to go go for gate b16 a nice lady on a buggy asked were we were looking for when we told she said hop and we were whisked through the airport which seemed it would have been approx a mile to walk.
Off the buggy down the escalator and on to a bus and off to terminal 2 and arrived at the departure gate approx 1hr 30mins after arriving and our plane had arrived in late so the were just debtor ding the plane when we arrived

Just very glad we got there in time
So soon I will do the return journey
#909555 by jfenney
05 Sep 2015, 22:51
Thanks for the TR after many flights although not too many from LHR I haven't had the chance for DTCI yet so cannot wait to be able to do this.

Looking forward to your return trip and enjoy your holiday