Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#911246 by marklife
08 Oct 2015, 01:54
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Our first/last Little Red flight and my first (but probably not last) trip report!

A short flight but notable because it was on the last day of LR's operations. I had wondered if there might be something 'special' happening, or maybe if the opposite would be true and everything/everyone would be in 'wind-down' mode.

When we boarded I was happy to see that everything was not in 'wind-down' mode - the crew were friendly/happy/professional and the plane looked smart. Pretty empty, less than 1/4 full, we were asked to move to the exit row because it was empty.

Everything was business as usual for the safety announcement and take-off, but then the drinks service began... in fancy dress! Some passengers were a little confused ('is this a halloween thing?') but the crew happily explained that it was their last LR flight and they were sad about it and wanted to celebrate it.

The captain made a little announcement about the end of LR and the crew relaxed a bit more, dancing a little conga up the isle, posing for photos and asking the passengers to wave for a photo. It all felt like the last day of school, it was a nice atmosphere.

After we landed, the 'welcome to Aberdeen' announcement included a heartfelt poem to mark the occasion too. You could tell the crew were all genuinely fond of their time with LR and were sorry to see it go, which I think is really a testament to VS!
#911292 by mrsw
08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Thank you very much for the TR. Looking forward to many more.

I've done the LHR-ABZ run a few times on the LR and have very fond memories of it. It is a real shame that it didn't take off, so to speak! Quite a few of the LR crew are apparently joining the long-haul service, so at least they will continue to wear the red uniform :D