Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#911986 by Vegasking
22 Oct 2015, 01:27
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Managed to get an annual trip to Vegas in thanks to some air miles. But it was my first long haul connection without doing an ex eu connection, So it was Man - Ata in PE, for the first journey.

Check in on line all very ease and bagged the rea per PE seats so was happy with that.

Check in I thought was poor, and I later found out I couldn't check my bags all the way Vegas and staff didn't know why. Partly my fault as my booking from Atl - Vegas was a separate booking, but that was my error.

Made use of the escape lounge at T2, wow i was shocked, quite poor on reflection.

Boarding was fine and seat taken and welcomed on by staff.

Now I did notice a woman and her two children not to far from me but thankfully neither in front/ behind or side, both boys seemed to have some energy and at first were managed well.

Let's just say the boys maybe shouldn't had any more energy drinks and were clearly annoying other passengers with their behaviour and not under any control. It's one of those things of occupying children on a plane to be difficult at times but when the dominant one is 7 years of age, then I think we have issues.

Finally one of the male flight attendants had to come over and have a polite word to them which was far to late.

Food and service for me was good throughout and the staff were good, even fixing my wife's to set as kept playing up.

Flight went quick thankfully and then it's was onto Atlanta for a quick hop for bags and customs. All very easy and thanks to advice from those who have done this.

Made my connection with ease, but wouldn't recommend doing that again, as then had 4 hours Vegas,

Then landing and leaving your passport on the plane isn't the best idea !!! And leaves you with work to do to rectify this problem.
#912016 by LucyLu
22 Oct 2015, 18:19
I left my passport on the plane at Gatwick once. My OH went back to get it while I stayed near passport control with his son. Firstly they told him he shouldn't have been able to get back to the gate, then they wouldn't give him my passport as I wasn't there. In the end we had to get through immigration by explaining what had happened and then wait about 4 hours for the Swissport baggage desk to get my passport back to me......so you have my sympathies!