Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#912226 by Cannons
28 Oct 2015, 14:32
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
A short report from the back of the plane.

Very cheap deals on Vholidays saw us return to the UAE for a week of sun and not much else. upgrades through Vholidays were excessive to say the least (over1k for PE) so we settled for the cheap seats but did do extra legroom. a very easy journey up the M23 and M25 saw us at Heathrow by 6pm instead of the intended 7pm. Very quick check in - No queues at all and we decided a couple of drinks in the pub before security were deserved. several drinks and some food Airside and it was time to board. we got to the gate at around what I thought would be peak time but it was deserted so straight on and settled quickly. Plane was quite full, cant remember the exact numbers and we were in the air by 10:15. Drinks and food served quickly. The food was without doubt the worst I have had on any airline. 2 chicken curries and a veg curry were the choice. Myself and MsCannons had one of each curry, both tried a mouthful, hated it, swapped hated the other and gave up. Good selection on the IFE but I only watched on programme before falling asleep. Woke up for breakfast - again not good croissant with Turkey ham and cheese all congealed. Crew did well though and all in all a pleasant flight. Landed and through customs nice and quickly and off up to RAK for a week of sun and AI!
#912228 by SlimpyJones
28 Oct 2015, 15:46
Thanks for the TP. Sorry to hear about the food. I'm making a near identical trip to you in 6 weeks time - managed to bag a decent price for PE out and inbound. I'm staying at the RAK as well, what's your thoughts on it? :)
#912229 by hiljil
28 Oct 2015, 15:48
Thank you for your TR. I was pleased to read that all in all you considered it a pleasant flight despite the food not being up to standard.
#912230 by marshy11
28 Oct 2015, 16:48
Another thanks here. Such a shame about the food. Hopefully a bit of sunshine made up for it.
#912313 by Cannons
30 Oct 2015, 15:00
I have flown the VS400 a few times, the food is normally fine but this time it was just poor, hopefully a once off as on the return flight (also in economy) the food was good.

RE the hotel, again been a few times as we often have to holiday in October and you are guaranteed hot weather. If you are looking for any sort of night life it probably isn't the place to be., however if you just want a week or relaxation and rest then its perfect. The majority of the staff are great (particularly if you engage with them) It could do with a bit of modernisation though but nothing major. My one tip is if you like a drink and are not all inclusive upgrade on arrival as you will save a fortune.
#912319 by SlimpyJones
30 Oct 2015, 17:13
Cheers Cannons.

I read this and actually went and got a quote from VH for an upgrade to All Inclusive. It was a pretty good price so I took it. They also sold me the Club Room upgrade as well. Thanks for the input!
Virgin Atlantic