Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#912337 by Florida White
31 Oct 2015, 07:31
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Well after 10 years this would be the flight that would put me up to Silver having flown UC last year. Setting off the night before it was the customary stay at the Radison Blu for ease and comfort not trusting the M62 across from Yorkshire on a Thursday morning. After breakfast we headed down for check in about 2 1/2 hours before our flight and were greeted warmly by the check in staff and lounge passes issued. A planned quick stop at Duty Free turned into an expedition as the better half decided to work her way through the whole range of perfume and make up but we still made it to the Escape Lounge which was very quiet around 11.15am with the Delta flight to JFK and the morning flight to MCO having left earlier with only around 12 of us in the lounge in total. A nice selection of sandwiches and pastries were on offer and we were informed we would be called for our flight.
Unfortunately there was no call so we made our way down around 30 minutes to push back to find boarding in full swing but were able to navigate the crowd to the priority lane and were soon boarding. Seeing who the flight supervisor was we knew we were in for a good flight as she had looked after the upper class cabin on our trip to Orlando last November and she and her fellow crew did not disappoint. The initial drinks run was served quickly followed by a second. Push back was around ten minutes late and before long we were airborn the seatbelt light was turned off and it was time to take requests for lunch. We all opted for the soup followed by the steak which was cooked perfectly with cheesecake to finish.
A couple of films and what was a smooth flight was passing us all too quickly with the attentive crew constantly looking after passengers, topping up drinks and providing an exemplary service.
Sandwiches and afternoon tea were served but we opted for the burgers which were very good. It was then that VA showed why they are in my opinion a cut above the rest. First the First Officer came down from the cockpit and introduced himself to my seven year old son who proceeded to have a ten minute chat with him about his love of planes before having his picture taken with the First Officer. He then returned ten minutes later with the captains hat and my son sat at the bar with the hat on and all the cabin crew for another picture. This really made his day and will be something he will never forget. On landing the captain then welcomed everyone to Las Vegas and his special guest and named my son which was brilliant. The flight was over far too quick and in leaving we thanked the crew for a great experience and when I return an email will be winging its way to Crawley Towers.
From here it has been a drive to LA after 3 days in Vegas with a week of Disney and Universal before a Virgin America flight across to Orlando for five days as there is no direct flight back from this side to Manchester now the summer schedules are over. Looking forward to the return and hoping the crew match the excellent service of the ones going out!
#912349 by marshy11
31 Oct 2015, 15:19
Thank you for taking time to post your TR. Wow your son won't forget this trip in a hurry, how lovely of the crew to give him that extra special service.

Sounds like a brilliant crew and great flight. Have a lovely time out in Vegas.
#912391 by spacedog
01 Nov 2015, 15:12
Thanks so much for writing this report! We're flying this route next year and it's good to know you had such a favourable experience. I'm so glad they made it such a special day for your son! Enjoy the last week of your trip :)