Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#912513 by Cannons
03 Nov 2015, 15:31
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
So the return leg after an excellent week spent in RAK, the only slight issue to the holiday was how humid it was 3 or 4 days, never experience this in the UAE in October before but it was a killer one or 2 evenings. luckily an air conditioned bar is never too far away!

so a ridiculous pick up time of 6am for an 11:20 flight (thanks Virgin Holidays saw us at DBX shotly after 7 to be greeted by signs saying check in desks opened at 8:15! a brief snooze later and we were checked in quickly and efficiently and after the 7 mile walk to get through to the departure gates, time was killed by eating and shopping before boarding ontime. think we pushed back a few minutes late, cant remember the exact numbers but the flight was pretty full. Crew were on form and very efficient throughout and I am pleased to say that after the terrible food on the outbound flight todays offering was actually pretty good. (considering its economy)
we had extra leg room seats again, and I honestly think I would choose these over PE unless the upgrade price was remarkably cheap. lots of space for me and MsCannons and as the a330 are 2-4-2 config having 2 at the side seems to be the way to go to avoid disturbance. Lots of prolonged turbulence during the flight (we were warned about strong winds before take off and this added some time to the flight), but nothing too bad. Watched a few films and enjoyed the sandwich box (with a KITKAT! - SMALL THINGS). landed circa 25 mins late but was through customs, baggage and on the M25 within an hour so all in all rather good.

Overall 2 positive experiences in economy - just a shame the food was so bad on the outbound
#912555 by SlimpyJones
04 Nov 2015, 09:24
Cheers for the TR cannons. Interesting that your pickup was at 6am for an 11:20 flight. My return is at 10:05, guess I'm being picked up circa 5am then!!

Glad to hear the return was more up to standards. Looking forward to my own trip to RAK in 5 weeks :)