Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#912853 by Daffodil
09 Nov 2015, 11:49
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Had pre requested seats 19A&C. I asked at check in if 18A&C had been taken which they had. We were told that only seat 20D was left, so I realised there would be no magic bleep this time as they were not over sold in PE.
The flight was half an hour delayed due to the fog in London the previous day. On boarding we were meet by two mute statues at the door not a word of greeting just a look of disinterest on their faces and boarding passes were not checked.
We made our way to seats 19A&C and sat there for around 15 minutes before the tray of welcome drinks appeared but we had become invisible and she walked straight past us. I called her back to say we hadn't been offered a drink so she said " Then let me put that right" in a patronising manner.
The safety demonstration started and a noticed how dirty the skirt of the cabin crew member who was standing next to us was. Not a very good advert for VS.
We took off 30 minutes late and as we were ascending the middle door of the cabinet in the galley flew open and cans of drink came tumbling out an rolling up the aisles, luckily no one was hurt .
There were two young lads sat in front of us who were by there own admission hung over from 4 days partying in Dubai. As soon as the seat belt light went out they full reclined their seats, bobbed up and down, twisted and turned ( with our TV screens moving with them ) for around 20 minutes then their seats remained fully reclined for the rest of the flight.
I was 1st to use the toilet after it had been unlocked and I found it blocked with lots of toilet paper and not flushing properly so I reported it and was told curtly to use another toilet , all of which were engaged! She then poured water from the galley down the toilet to unblock it not washing her hands after, she would shortly be serving food and drinks.
Next came the meal service. Now I had chosen seats at the front of the cabin to get my first choice, guess what? Yes they decided to start the service from the back and had run out of my choice before reaching me. It now seems like a lottery as to whether you will get your first choice or not.
The service continued with a disinterested and lack lustre crew member serving our side of the cabin the only people getting attention were the two young lads in front of us.
We made up time and landed on time. No little packs of sweets were given out before landing. The two young lads however were offered a bottle of sparkling wine to take away by our "favourite crew member". They did have the sense to refuse it.
All in All not one of Virgin's better flights.
#912859 by hiljil
09 Nov 2015, 13:18
Really sorry to read about your experiences on this flight. What a great shame.
Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.
Thank you for posting.
#913064 by sungod
11 Nov 2015, 18:44
hmm, not what i'd expect from VS, especially in premium cabin

i'm sure the DXB route is far less consistent vs. TATL routes,

i'm on LHR-DXB tomorrow, will do a TR, i already bought some chocs for the CC, but if i get an iffy flight they'll be going to the people in the office!
Virgin Atlantic