Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#913455 by sungod
20 Nov 2015, 20:42
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
limo pickup on time, in the light friday morning traffic it only took 10 mins from bur dubai to the airport, got a paper and had an espresso, then headed to check-in when it opened, no queues at security, did a bit of shopping, then into the lounge for brekkie

headed for the gate, almost everyone else had gone through so no queue, waited a bit as there was some delay prepping the plane, then on

once pax were settled, bubbly offered and taken, pulled back and taxied to end, then held several minutes before takeoff

UC cabin was busy, don't think there was an empty seat, i could see 1G had a faulty screen, my seat had the lefthand panel hanging off a bit, and various other parts seemed loose and/or a bit skew-whiff

got out my laptop to do some work, another bubbly, then the meal: started with the salad, then for main the chegtu chicken as the menu said 'spicy', but it was bland and the chicken managed to be both squidgy and rubbery, followed it with the cheese and biccies, the feta was really nice

then disaster struck, they ran out of bubbly, let me say that again, THEY RAN OUT OF BUBBLY :shock:

i tried the prosecco, but it just didn't taste right, so my flight was rather more sober than outbound, probably a good thing though as i needed to head out immediately after getting home

finished off work, then converted to bed and lay down to try and have a snooze, but couldn't manage it, ended up listening to an audiobook for a few hours until time for sandwiches and cakes

the pilot said we'd had 100km/hr headwind much of the way, which made it a long flight, but in the end landing was only about 20 minutes late, short taxi to gate, queue-free immigration, baggage arrived at the carousel a few minutes after i did, then out to the limo desk and a much quicker ride home than the outbound

overall a good trip, the crew were cheerful, and the lack of bubbly didn't really bother me, as with the outbound no AU welcome, but that seems the norm

the a330 cabins are quite worn now, a real contrast to the shiny new dreamliner cabin i'd enjoyed back in january
#913469 by Daffodil
21 Nov 2015, 11:18
Thanks for the TR. When we flew back from Dubai in Upper last September they had no champagne on board instead they were serving an English sparkling wine in its place. I'm not sure if the Lanson as been replaced on all or some at least Upper Class flights with the English sparkling wine.
#913472 by sungod
21 Nov 2015, 11:35
i had the english one on the flight back in january, not too impressed, i'd thought it was only served on 787 flights but maybe they use it on others too sometimes?

only done a couple of trips since then and it's been the gardet on each, i believe it's now the standard on board bubbly (except on 787), and only the CH still serves lanson

it's so cold here! i went for a ride earlier, sleet, snow, rain, wind, i'm still trying to warm up, brrrrrr