Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#913579 by jfenney
23 Nov 2015, 21:12
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
This trip was for my wife's 50th birthday which was to be spent in Antigua halfway through this trip. Due to the constraints of G availability we had to do the Gatwick to Barbados rather than the preferred Manchester- Barbados routing.

I had my nephew and neice travelling with us but they were travelling economy and coming home Premium. We all travelled down to Euston and taxied round to Victoria for the Gatwick express to stay at the Hilton the night before.

I used 12000 Hilton honours points and £32 and being a Gold member was upgraded 1 room and not the executive which I have had 4 times prior never mind. :-(

At dinner we surprised both nephew and neice with a present each and after months of banter about keeping the curtain closed and riff raff class we had upgraded them both ways to upper :-D .

After a sleepless night my neice had been up so excited after reading times of entry on her Facebook "is it time yet?"

Up at 05:30 to check in at 6 to a busying Gatwick and straight through to the clubhouse. We ordered breakfast and made appointments for treatments. I must say I paid for the cutthroat and was a little bit miffed as the cutthroat is only done at the side and the safety razor everywhere else.

While we waited for Beauty Queen to be prepared a few Redheads were downed and very nice indeed.

Priority boarding was called and when onboard we noticed my nephew was not with us and stil in the clubhouse and after a quick phone call he was seated in 4 K with a glass of champers.

Flight time was 9 hours and 5 mins and we left on time which was great .

Once airborne my neice and nephew had a ball , at the bar and pressing evert button going on the seat and really impressed.

I won't go the the menu options as this is well covered by previous TR,s. The FSM was clearly visible and also brought my wife a box of chocalates for her birthday.

9 hours went so quick so a waste of a bed for me but a great experience for my nephew and neice.

Staff really attentive especially a gentleman who will be receiving a letter for his service. He had just come back after a 6 month absence.

Overall a great trip made special having 2 Virgin Virgins on board :-D

D
#913584 by Bretty
23 Nov 2015, 22:46
Wow what a nice treat for your nephew & niece, and how wonderful that everything was tip top for them. Hope you had a super holiday and look forward to hearing more send your return TR.
#913592 by buns
24 Nov 2015, 05:11
Splendid how you managed to keep that secret until the last moment

Good to know the FSM was visible on the flight and that you received top notch service on board

buns
#913607 by Daffodil
24 Nov 2015, 10:20
I'm pleased everything went to plan and you all enjoyed your flight.
We are also staying at the LGW Hilton on Thursday and have normally been upgraded to an executive room on previous stays, will let you know how we are treated. Were you allowed to use the executive lounge?
#913615 by jfenney
24 Nov 2015, 13:31
Daffodil wrote:I'm pleased everything went to plan and you all enjoyed your flight.
We are also staying at the LGW Hilton on Thursday and have normally been upgraded to an executive room on previous stays, will let you know how we are treated. Were you allowed to use the executive lounge?

Hi Marie the answer I got was we only upgrade 1 category so I was upgraded to a deluxe , so I assume if you book into a deluxe you get upgraded to executive but good luck and have a fabulous holiday :-D
#913681 by Daffodil
25 Nov 2015, 21:10
Hi jurgen currently here at the LGW Hilton. We booked the basic room and had an upgrade to an executive room on the strengh of Mr D being a HH Diamond. In the lounge at the moment and it is extremely busy. Looking foward to our flight tomorrow and our week at Sandals ANU.
Regards
Marie
#913691 by jfenney
25 Nov 2015, 23:12
Daffodil wrote:Hi jurgen currently here at the LGW Hilton. We booked the basic room and had an upgrade to an executive room on the strengh of Mr D being a HH Diamond. In the lounge at the moment and it is extremely busy. Looking foward to our flight tomorrow and our week at Sandals ANU.
Regards
Marie

Hi Marie all I can say is enjoy Antigua Sandals and say hello to barbie and Antonio the playmakers and ask where's my I Beat the Butler shirt :-D

Hope you have a great flight in the morning
Virgin Atlantic