Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#914063 by WPIL
05 Dec 2015, 08:47
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Bit late in posting but here goes

Spent 6 Nights in Vegas, stayed at Palazzo on the Prestige level, can't fault it at all and was well looked after by Jose in the lounge each evening. Actually suffering from a touch of the man flu so spent a lot of time sleeping, P*ker didn't go to plan this time but also lots of shopping down for the December trip to BIM with the family.

We were allocated the same plane as the way out and the problems with the the door in the bubble hadn't been fixed which meant that my 2 friends would be separated. Tried to arrange for an upgrade to PE as there was space but they were very reluctant to help and were also quoting incorrect information (I think :-P ) - for 1 person we were told it was 35,000 miles one way and that you would also loose the miles used for the Economy ticket and money paid for the exit row seats as well. I was told at one stage that I don't know why your get involved as you have a nice seat in Upper, I was only given advice on how to do the Upgrade (as we all know a V Flyer often has more knowledge on how these things are done than Virgins own staff, especially ground staff away from the UK).

Now on to LAS itself, as a GF traveller and with no M&S in site I researched my options for suitable food and found a couple of options in the new domestic terminal, after a longish walk went to both outlets and was met with confused faces as if I was asking for something very strange (this is the USA where all sorts of diets are catered for unless its at an Airport), finally spoke to a chef at one of the outlets who said the only option for GF was soup. OK great lets have some soup. With a grin on his face he told me there was no soup. Generally the staff at US Airports seem to be getting better but today I encountered the Stupid, Ignorant and possibly thick members of staff. So back to the international terminal to have a few bits of salad at the lounge. As you all know the lounge at LAS is no clubhouse!

Boarding was delayed some 45 minutes and soon enough I was in seat 12A (managed to grab the last G so no chance of an upgrade for my friends as it was a full cabin and the 2 spare seats in PE were taken by passengers who asked to move once onboard, not sure how that works)

Staff on board were excellent, CSM made herself know and as a GF hadn't been loaded they went out of their way to get me fed putting food together from the different cabins, not as tasty as the outbound (and no allergen information sheets for return legs) but still passable. (Chicken was very dry). I have to say that the GF options/standard of food improves each time I fly, I still try and bring some supplies on board sourced from good old M&S as don't want to be stuck with no food or even worse get "glutened" on a plane which would not be pleasant!

Most passengers in Upper kept themselves to themselves apart from the American Lady in 11A who wanted to talk and drink etc, very pleasant lady who even offered to buy me lunch in London once we were making our way to Passport control. Had to decline the offer as I needed to get back to the family, maybe next time :blush:

Looking forward to my next flight in a few days to Barbados, both legs in Upper after many hours on the phone to Virgin. I also received 10,000 miles as my GF meal was not loaded, although I had to chase but still to receive a refund for extra leg room as I was originally in row 75 upstairs, better chase that!