Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#915106 by jfenney
31 Dec 2015, 16:47
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Well after having returned to the UK from our main holiday in November my wife saw the cold and decided to spend some more miles and return to Barbados in search of Mr Cowell.

As stated in my lounge post 3 days before we were due to go a G became available and so it was more money spent and more miles used

We stayed at the Hilton with a free room from an previous bad stay and was upgraded to to being Diamond member to a Junior suite :-D

Arrived to a very quiet check in and and breezed through customs to again a very quiet T2 as most shops were closed due to Christmas Day , note to self must do this more often.

Into the escape lounge but seemed more busy on the virgin side possibly due to other lounges being closed.

Pretty Woman was our aircraft and into 7a and 8a I s side as when you get into Barbados it's a great side to see the island as you land.

Once on board I didn't know what to expect flying on Christmas Day but all the crew were made up in thierchristmas garb and we all received a little present from Richard B a small liqueur.

Turkey was on the menu which was really nice , all the staff were great very visible and helpful and although we could have saved the points and had a 4 seater in economy the thought of missing out in our favourite cabin was too much to resist.

Overall a great flight and and would I fly on Christmas Day without a doubt. Well it's 15:30 here in Barbados so last dip in the pool before getting ready for the festivities of New Year and wish all V flyers all the best for 2016
#915107 by marshy11
31 Dec 2015, 17:32
And a very Happy New Year to you too…….having only been in BGI a few weeks ago, I think I tend to veer towards TR and posts on the same subject. I did think of you flying out there over the festivities and felt very envious.

Glad to hear you had a good flight (dilemma upgrade indeed!) perhaps in 2016 you will make a resolution to take a G at EVERY opportunity!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Marsha.
#915110 by jfenney
31 Dec 2015, 18:41
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (227.53 KiB) Viewed 1923 times

A quick selfie with Simon Cowell on Paynes Bay :-D :-D
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (227.53 KiB) Viewed 1923 times