Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#915241 by jfenney
03 Jan 2016, 10:52
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
This trip was organised in 2 weeks after my main holiday in November as there was availability using miles and so it was booked.

After a great 7 days we returned to the airport and I don't know why but it always seems that the ground staff in ticketing have not had the training to determine how to upgrade using miles as it took us 1 hour because we were told we did not have an upgradable ticket.

After I had given them advice that I was on an upgradable ticket could I suggest you phone ticketing in the UK to determine this which he did and low and behold I could upgrade to the last 2 tickets in Premium Economy.

I do not think it was the staffs fault as he told us that they have been given a list of upgradable fares and miles is not on ey did want me to change to a M class ticket ,first to upgrade and £400 first lol.

Well after finally we were checked in we made our way to the lounge in Barbados where because of one of the last flights the food was getting scarce in the lounge however with a full fridge of beers who was I to complain.

Entry was made by my Dragonpass which I have 4 free passes a year recently swapped from Priority pass.

This is my first time back in Premium since 2003 and it wasn't bad really as the flight time was 7 hours 30. Although we had 14f,g they were ok but would have preferred 14 HJ really as much more space.

Food was quickly served and had the Jefk chicken which was really spicey. Had a little cat nap but breakfast was served 2 hours before landing and I really enjoyed having omelette and beans for me I prefer this breakfast than the upper to be honest. :-D

Landing at Manchester we were put on a remote stand as we had arrived 30 mins early
So the Upper class got off after the Premium side embarked. we were quickly through immigration and Meteor returned our car as part of the meet and greet service which I have a code of 25% off if anyone wants it. They operate at most airports. Cost me £32 for 8 days.

Overall a quick pleasant flight and as others have suggested PE is bearable if not flying Upper for the short duration flights. The crew were smiling throughout and again show why flying with Virgin is a joy :-D :-D :-D
#915269 by marshy11
03 Jan 2016, 16:30
Seems to be an endless stream of TR's with your name on them :cool:

Glad you managed to sort the ticket out at BGI, sounds like a perfectly pleasant trip home. How long before you book the next one?
#915283 by jfenney
03 Jan 2016, 20:02
No trip booked yet Marie, marshy it's only because I had my main holiday looked at the cold and decided to go back for chrimbo lol :-D