Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#915287 by sungod
03 Jan 2016, 23:08
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
had the limo service included in the company TA ticket again, quick journey to LHR until a surprise traffic jam on the main route into the airport, but the driver took a detour to dodge it

a couple of other cars were dropping off at DTCI when we pulled up, but no delay, short queue at security then duty free for a bottle of port to sustain me and into the CH

T3 was really crowded, the CH too, seemed to be a lot of DL/US pax in there (also noticed some at DTCI and the security queue), as flights were called it quietened down

service was fast though, had my first bubbly and ordered the CH breakfast within a couple of minutes of taking a sofa in the galley, food could have been warmer, otherwise ok, bubbly was refilled several times without delay

headed for the gate when called, bit of a queue as the corridor was shut to allow arriving pax to cross, then boarded

another bubbly served

the flight had 263 pax, seemed to be just a couple of spare seats in UC, everyone i could hear sounded like they were US travellers returning home, i noticed many DL FF tags, i felt a bit outnumbered

as usual, no AU recognition, though i could hear some DL FF being welcomed, hmm

departed on time, announcement of expected 8 hours and one minute journey time, so we should arrive early

the CC were friendly and efficient throughout the flight, even with the near full cabin it didn't seem to slow/delay service

had a couple more bubblies then the meal was served, chicken and duck terrine to start, quite nice, then the beef, over cooked though not dry/tough, the accompanying veg ranged from ok to inedible [edit: added pic of menus]

vs21menus.jpg
vs21menus.jpg (158.8 KiB) Viewed 4101 times

after the meal i converted the seat to bed and did my best to snooze away the next few hours, cabin became a bit too warm and i was restless, but managed to laze away until a couple of hours before arrival

converted back to seat ready for the afternoon tea service, sandwiches were stale again, ugh, the choc/mandarin volcano shaped cake was the best thing

uneventful landing, trundled across to immigration in the 'sky lounge', no queues, waited a few minutes for the bag, no queue at customs and found the driver ready with a sign, waited about 10 minutes for a colleague i hadn't realised was on the flight and gave them a lift to where we're spending the week

overall a good trip, food was a bit disappointing, especially the stale sandwiches

what stood out was the sheer number of DL/US people on the flight, with it being the weekend after new year i'm sure many were returning home after a holiday in UK