Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#915629 by Snora
09 Jan 2016, 10:35
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
So we were on G-VHOT B747-400 Tubular Belle, during her last few days prior to her being pensioned off to the desert. to be fair she has aged okay. No real evidence of hard wear and tear in UC , though the toilet area wasn't as shiny as the cabin.

we took off 45 mins late but arrived on time.

Crew were uber friendly and seemed happy that there were only 201 pax on board. They did comment that many of the London to MIA flights are leaving half full but the return ones are full.

Loved the 12A and 12K seats. When looking forward and out of the windows it felt like we had our own private jet. helped also by the fact there were only 7 others in this front cabin.

the fish option did however run out ???? not sure how this happened in a half full aircraft. All courses were fine - not great - but as good as on other flights. (I have a very low expectation of airline food so am never disappointed !)

and MIA airport was as bad as it gets. We didn't accept the offer of a ride in a buggy when we left the air bridge, but didn't realise how far that walk is to Passport Control ! Big queue in ESTA arrival channel but it did move quickly.

overall a good flight, very relaxed, IFE ok - not great - best film on there was Bridge of Spies and I had seen it.
#915631 by hiljil
09 Jan 2016, 10:52
Thank you for the TR.

Glad that overall the flight went well.

Was the buggy at MIA for anyone or had you requested it, please ?
#915652 by Snora
09 Jan 2016, 18:31
hi hiljil, we were offered the ride in the buggy and my husband is a strapping mid 50 yr old so didn't look like he needed it ...........they seemed to be running everyone to Passport Control
whoever wanted it...... if we had known the distance we certainly would have hopped onboard. Not all the travelators were working either so not great. Maybe it was the gate we arrived at, but have never walked so far ...
Virgin Atlantic