Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#915677 by sungod
10 Jan 2016, 10:34
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
had the limo back to IAD which i shared with a couple of colleagues, one on my flight the other on KLM to AMS, quick journey, no queue at check-in, couple of minutes at the ID check (we used the fast track lanes), longer wait to get through security, maybe ten minutes, then onto the train to the terminal

straight into the CH, guested in my colleague, we were the first ones in, fast and friendly service, we were discussing upgrades, i suggested she ask CH reception and they did an EC->PE cash upgrade for $200

we had a meal, drank and chatted the time away until boarding

perhaps due to the bubbly, i'd forgotten all about the order i'd made online for duty free at IAD, luckily remembered when i saw someone else picking theirs up just before the jetway entrance, phew!

quick bubbly on boarding, changed into the sleep suit

unlike the flight out, UC was a bit less than half full, don't think any D/G seats were occupied, i assume similar in the rest of the plane but don't recall the number being announced

as usual, no 'hello AU'

i didn't get a picture of the menu card, the choices were much more appealing than on the flight out, but not enough to delay bedtime

filled in my card for brekkie, and asked if it'd be possible for my colleague to join me at the bar for a drink, but not allowed

i had a solitary bubbly or two, converted to bed and snoozed for about four hours, another hour of laying there wishing i was asleep, then changed and had brekkie

at take-off the flight time was announced as 6:10, which would have meant arriving well over an hour early, but we were stacked for quite a while, in the end arriving just 10 minutes early and clearly behind several other planes, i'd asked for a fast track card, but was told these are now only for non-UK pax, which seems odd, oh well

passport control was backed up, went for the egates queue, eventually got through, saw my bag as i approached the conveyor, out to the limo desk and a quick ride home on the quiet sunday morning roads into london

overall a good trip

glad to be home after a tough week!
#915691 by pjh
10 Jan 2016, 16:38
Thanks for the TR. you probably couldn't sleep due to PowerPoint overload....

sungod wrote: i'd asked for a fast track card, but was told these are now only for non-UK pax, which seems odd, oh well

The only time we were given these was four or five years ago at JFK and when we arrived at the head of the Fast Track queue we were roundly told off by the immigration officer as they were not for UK citizens.