Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#916473 by julmops
28 Jan 2016, 09:34
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
After an amazing Caribbean cruise and a stay in Miami, it was time to head back home …
Our cruise was arriving super early at Port of Miami so we had booked an Everglades excursion.
We got back to Miami on Sunday 24th January and were welcomed by temperatures around 7 degrees Celsius …
Bit of a shock to the system for sure ;)
After the excursion, we were dropped at the airport but it was only 1pm and our flight was at 9.15pm …
We were actually dropped quite far from the concourse E where Virgin is so long trek to there …
We didn’t want to stay in the terminal so went to luggage storage, queued for 30 minutes to be told that we needed a printed boarding pass in order to drop our luggage … Which we didn’t have as we had been on a cruise before …
So back to square one and we then realised that Virgin would open check-in at 2pm.
So we went for a quick lunch at Margaritaville before heading back to the counters where there was a massive queue for Economy and Premium and no queue for Upper Class. First good news of the day !
We were checked-in quickly and efficiently by a lovely lady who apologised profusely for the quality of the local lounge ;)
We then decided to get out of the airport and took a cab for a bit of shopping in Dolphin Mall.
We were back at the airport around 4pm and went through security.
It was surprisingly quick and we were in the Club America lounge in no time.
I have to say that this lounge is quite shockingly stuck in the mid 80’s … Sort of a time warp …
It still was better than being in the crowd but just about …
Food wasn’t great but they had a decent Chardonnay that made me pass time …
Their wifi is pretty bad though but luckily I had a book with me …
Finally it was time to board.
We walked to Gate 19 where priority boarding was enforced.
We literally walked through under the hateful look of 100+people ;)
Kindly welcomed at the door by the FSM and the CSS.
Settled in 1A and 2A, just like on the way out ;)
Our plane was the latest addition to the fleet, the gorgeous Maid Marion (G-VOWS).
It was our first time on Virgin Dreamliner and the interior is superb.
The FSM came to introduce herself and we had a nice chat before taking off.
The load for this trip was 258, much busier than on the way out but the VS117 had been cancelled on the day.
We pushed back and took off on time and we were given a quite short flight time of 7 hours and 15 minutes.
Drinks order was taken, followed by the meal.
I could only get starters and main as I was getting really sleepy.
So I asked for my bed to be made and slept for about 5 hours, waking up in time for breakfast.
Lovely bacon sandwich and some fruits and yogurt, orange juice and tea.
Perfect !
We landed on time after a wonderful fly over London.
Immigration was a breeze and luggage was there in no time.
We were keen on getting back home as soon as possible but I really wanted to try the Revivals Lounge so we headed there and we had a wonderful time.
That shower was the best moment of the whole trip !
All in all, we had another great time with Virgin.
This might be our last UC trip for a while as my miles pot is getting pretty short and I don’t fly long haul for business anymore ... But never say never ;)
On a less keen note, I left my ipad behind below my seat in the plane ... Trying to get it back but not the easiest task ...
#916492 by hiljil
28 Jan 2016, 13:53
Thank you for the TR. I guess leaving behind the IPad was the reason why your outbound TR ended on a slightly down note ?

Yes, good luck with getting it back.

Glad you enjoyed the Dreamliner. Made up for the MIA Lounge !!!
#916495 by ultreen1
28 Jan 2016, 17:41
Thanks for the TR.
Iirc the only positive thing I had to say about the lounge at mia in my TR was the Chardonnay...lol
Glad you had a good flight.
Did you get any duty free? It was cheap cheap when I bought my booze.
D
#916513 by oldboy
29 Jan 2016, 09:31
Thanks for the TR, pleased to read of a good flight, looking forward to a flight on a VS Dreamliner one of these days, we are on VS006 in March but currently looking lile we will be on an A330/600
Virgin Atlantic