Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#918359 by tomthumb
04 Mar 2016, 22:44
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
This is a historic post where VA messed up my seat booking

This was my third flight with VA using UC and as it was November, myself and Mrs D were looking forward to some Winter sun before Christmas and were staying at Galley Bay. We had in our view 'Made It'. Oddly enough I was travelling with a work collogue and her husband who were staying at a different hotel to us, which made for a very interesting flight and the usual comments from work that went with it when they found out....

Mrs D watches this forum like a hawk and is best described as a lurker, needless to say I am a little bit more forward and happy to throw my tuppence in the pond.

Having booked the holiday, Mrs D booked on-line what are best described as the best two seats on the Aircraft 3A and 4A, but it wasn't until using the on-line check in that we had been dumped into 7G and 8G - I made various phone calls to no avail and managed to secure seat 4A which just left what had happened to 3A. Arrived at Gatwick and check was slow due to these issues and the waiting around regarding the seat and was it usable. Oddly enough it was and had already been taken by someone else and the Ground staff were powerless to do anything about it as the Passenger had already booked in and entered the Airport. So Mrs D and myself were now at opposite side of the cabin - not looking good, but at least she was with our friends.

Not much we could do until on the plane, so decided to visit the Club House. What can I say that hasn't already been said. Very nice food, great full English and a glass of Champagne as well, along with a few cocktails to boot.

Well getting on the plane was very simple and I made my way over to my seat and met a very nice lady who was travelling with her father, who had booked his seat separately and now was seating in seat which Mrs D had first booked for me. I explained to her what had happened and she called out to her father and made him swap seats, with me offering her and her father my thanks. So I duly joined Mrs D and our friends for the flight.

The flight was good and comfortable and I chose the Steak which was lovely, washed down with a beer and had Cheese and Port afterwards.

As it was our friends first trip in UC we had to visit the bar and being Christmas time someone had brought a very large Santa on board so it would have been rude not to have taken pictures.

IFE was good and watch a few films and afternoon tea was very acceptable.

Smooth flight and landing at Antigua and having been frequent visitors in the past knew that we needed to walk with a purpose and get to the front to the Immigration Queue, which we did and all was plain sailing. Bags off very quick and waved good buy to friends who we would see on the return trip and off to our hotel Galley Bay for 10 restful days.
#918370 by hiljil
05 Mar 2016, 09:31
Thank you for the TR.

So pleased, after the initial disappointment of seats, that the flight turned out to be a good experience. Thank you for the photos. I see Santa is trying to blend in with the crew uniforms !
#918383 by Maximus
05 Mar 2016, 12:55
Thanks for the TR and photos. Glad you managed to rearrange your seating in the end.
Last edited by Maximus on 05 Mar 2016, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
#918391 by tomthumb
05 Mar 2016, 14:45
Hi Hev60 - yes it was back in Nov 2014 - last time I flew out with VA from Gatwick - went from Heathrow to Boston in Sept last year flying Delta out and Virgin back - only because Delta arrived earlier in the day. Due to fly to Barbados in April
#918445 by pjh
06 Mar 2016, 17:59
tomthumb wrote:Hi Hev60 - yes it was back in Nov 2014 - last time I flew out with VA from Gatwick

Clearly you have a better memory than I. Great TR, too.
tomthumb wrote: - went from Heathrow to Boston in Sept last year flying Delta out and Virgin back - only because Delta arrived earlier in the day.

So that's another two TR's owed. :) I'd get onto it sharpish if I were you...
Virgin Atlantic