Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#918763 by VS075
13 Mar 2016, 20:10
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
This was the first of 2 trips to Orlando I'll be making with Virgin Atlantic this year, with this one being with a friend for a week at the theme parks in Orlando. Having enjoyed the PE experience in September 2014 and my friend wanting to try it out for himself, we decided to book PE for this trip.

We arrived at the airport several hours ahead of schedule at around 7.45am. There wasn't much of a queue at check-in, but we were directed to the UC desk to check-in. Once complete, we went through security, had breakfast and then ambled down to the gate. For this flight, G-VLIP was going to do the honours. Being a bit of an avgeek I was hoping for another 747 as I had already been on this aircraft twice, but a swap was done at MCO the day before so this was it. In the grand scheme of things it's still a 747, so in an era where there's gradually less of them flying I shouldn't complain.

Boarding commenced about 30mins before departure and were directed to our seats. Complementary newspapers were available on a stand along the jetway and complementary sparkling wine was offered. Pushback was achieved on-time and soon enough we took off for MCO.

After about 45mins after take-off, the lunch service commenced and I opted for the beef stew which was quite nice. One big change I had noticed is that on this flight, the meals were starting to be served from Row 19 instead of the other end of the cabin as per the norm, so for once we got the full selection of meals to choose from. Whilst consuming this, I settled down to watch the Steve Jobs film on the IFE. Afterwards, the trays were cleared and ice lollies offered and I continued to pass the time watching the IFE and stuff on the iPad.

The flight went by rather uneventfully apart from about 3/4 of the way through when a PA announcement was made requesting for any passengers who were trained medical professionals to make themselves known to the crew. Not too sure what was going on other than the assumption that someone had taken ill. I'm assuming (and hoping) the passenger in question was OK in the end as nothing else was said about it and nor did we have to divert. Other than that, there was only one or two minor turbulences.

Before long, we started our descent into MCO and landed more or less on schedule. Immigration was a breeze and the bags weren't far behind us on the carousels. After collecting our bags, we went over to the main terminal to collect our hire car. After sorting out a minor farce involving being directed to a space which contained a car that wasn't what we were expected, we were on our way to Cabana Bay resort at Universal for a week at the parks.

Return TR to follow.
#918797 by Maximus
14 Mar 2016, 21:49
a PA announcement was made requesting for any passengers who were trained medical professionals to make themselves known to the crew

Thank goodness for noise-cancelling headphones ;-)